Audi Forum banner

141 - 160 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
..for the moment I cannot solve some minor problems.. probably the central board unit of the B7 do not work as the B6 do.. so my CH is fully operate, but still some allarm, in the rear platelight when I switch on the lights for istance.
I prefer to go back to the OEM configuration 'till I understand what's the correct way to fit the CH in the B7 platform or understand what's the fault in the scheme..

If anybody allready made this upgrade to B7 please ..give me a call ;)

·
Registered
98 Posts
OK, so I am looking on eBay for the 8E0 907 279 F module and cannot find it. I can find many others. For the 8E0 907 279, I can only find the B, K, and J modules. For another part that comes up 8E0 959 433 XX (AG, BA, AK and so on). I know the now I have the 8E0 907 279 T module and it will not work for this according to other people. I also have an "Auto" switch on the way.

So my question is, will the 8E0 959 433 parts work or is the 8E0 907 279 F module the only one to work in the B6 for the auto headlights?

·
Registered
98 Posts
OK, so I am looking on eBay for the 8E0 907 279 F module and cannot find it. I can find many others. For the 8E0 907 279, I can only find the B, K, and J modules. For another part that comes up 8E0 959 433 XX (AG, BA, AK and so on). I know the now I have the 8E0 907 279 T module and it will not work for this according to other people. I also have an "Auto" switch on the way.

So my question is, will the 8E0 959 433 parts work or is the 8E0 907 279 F module the only one to work in the B6 for the auto headlights?
Can anyone help with my question?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Anyone done this on a 2004 allroad (US model)?

Along the same lines as DanCab and Avanteix, I have a 2004 allroad 4.2 with the auto-dimming interior rearview and exterior (folding) mirrors. I think I have Highline, as I have the trip computer, miles left in tank, avg consumption, etc.

I'm interested in the coming/leaving home function, but also DRL would be nice if it was lower fogs or low beam, and save the Xenons.. ?

What would the parts and the procedure be for the 2004 allroad US?
Can I replace the headlight switch with the Auto?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

Bit new to this so please bear with me!!

I currently have a B7 A4 DTM. Was wanting to install the welcome home function, I know this is for the A6 forum but the article at the start was for a A4 B6...

I have the automatic dimming mirror, auto headlights/wipers. Don't have fogs as they don't come with the DTM at all.

Would installing the welcome home lights still be feasable? If so, what woud I need????

Any help would be seriously appreciated!!!

Cheers

Samad

·
Registered
60 Posts
Auto-Dimming Mirror Part #

Hey there, I'm looking now for a dimming mirror for my A4 B7, and found one with this part number:

4f0 857 511f 1ye (I'm not even sure if the part number is correct...)

I'm not sure if this is a part number for a mirror or what the specs of the mirror are. Apparently it should fit my B7.

Could anybody tell me details about this part number? If it is for an A4/A6? What it does (auto-dimming, rain sensor, light sensor, compass, etc). Any help will help.

Thank you for the help.

Luis

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi All

want to add auto lights to my a4 b6 but not range control as I have zenon lights factory fitted that self level.

Can i get a plate with just the coming home function switch on it and can any 1 point me in the direction of an easy to follow wiring diag for them

Many Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
A4 B7 Welcome home function

hi, I think I have managed to make myself a wee relay switch which (hopefully) will hook up to the headlights for this purpose.. problem is that they will ALWAYS come on/stay on regardless of the brightness..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Right guys, I can now say with a good degree of confidence that WH function is very hard to retrofit as the wiring for the central locking is resisted negative and unless you can get hold of original audi WH parts, (which I tried and weren't too co-operative), the fully functioning WH function isn't viable.

Saying that HOWEVER, I have managed to make myself a wee circuit board that I have hooked into the footwell lighting, and thats prob the next best thing. Tried to hook it into the interior lighting but the way Audi wired them made that close nigh to impossible.

Now, the way it is hooked up means that the headlight will come on for 30 secs WHEN I OPEN ANY DOOR (NOT UNLOCK IT WITH CENTRAL LOCKING, which was what I was ideally looking for), and they will stay on for 30 secs once I have taken the key out of ignition, and locked the doors.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Earlier in the post there was reference to installing a rain sensor and the connectors where these:
Pin 1 > fuse box (spare fuse)
Pin 2 > Earth
Pin 3 > F3

Where can I find F3 on the car to connect it to the sensor??? Is it on the overhead panel somewhere?

Also, what kind of power does it use on Pin 1? Is it regular 12V?

Thanks for the help.

LJ

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi,
how the auto dimming mirror fixs on the windscreen ? I just take off the "simple" mirror and put the new ?
No, you need the bracket (if it is a mirror that uses a rain sensor) and wiring harness as well. I believe some of the auto-dimming mirrors have the same bracket as the simple flip mirror but they are the ones with no rain sensor.. But I could be wrong on that.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Has anyone completed this mod without the 'coming home' features. I really only care about the auto headlight functionality (and I've already got an auto dimming rearview) so I'm hopeful that it might be as easy as swapping the headlight switch to one with auto and a couple of wiring changes. Any suggestions? I've got a 2005 allroad.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello have fit a new screen and auto dim mirror to my A3 2006 got the Kufatec cable with rain sensor. the rain sensor side works but the mirror will not clear when in reverse there something wrong with the kufatec loom as pin 6 say it goes to pin 1 in over head light, but have had a look and my mates A3 8p SE 2005 there no connection in his at pin 1 and all the wiring in over head light is the same His car has autodim and auto light and coming home his mirror clears in reverse, going to have a look at the rest of it to work out were pin 6 mirror should go unless someone can tell me thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
like some on this forum i have tried this mod without success. im in an A4 B6 and followed the schematic... C/L home function works, though even in daylight. when i turn to auto function, I get a sensor warning warning in my DIS, and my xenon's are on all the time... even in daylight. i have all the correct parts, and have double checked my wiring. anybody help?

·
Registered
12 Posts
if anybody cares to know, if you already had an auto dimming mirror, even if it didn't have the light sensor, you don't need a wire from Mirror Pin 1 to Main Light Switch pin 1, and C/h, Lh/ 4 &8. It was shorting out my sensor, hence the error. Removed the wire, everything works great. I have the Bentley Schematic if anybody cares to see it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi

i know this is an old post but i'm trying to use this but without success.
I have already Auto anti dazzle mirror, and i bought the F module,
I have followed this manual but something is wrong, the light sensor is always on in auto function.
For those who have already Auto anti dazzle mirror is there a manual??

141 - 160 of 160 Posts