Audi Forum banner

121 - 140 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
The first picture is the schematic version of the cable.
Can you read german, because it is in that language?
Otherwise i can translate it for you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
ok I will make an English version of the picture.
If you then follow the wires on the picture it is easy to make the cable.
I will post it later today.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I made the picture in English.
I hope you manage with this picture.
The picture displays not well, sent me your email and I will send the original picture.
you are the best...:)

at the end of the week i will do this.... also please what part number are the repair wires???

·
Registered
115 Posts
I would like to use the same mirror of the livefour2day's A4 (8E0 857 511 E59) post that has one sensor for autodimming and one for the autolights and it has not the rain one.
I'm sure it will mount on our windshield because it has the same mount base and require only a little bit of cut with dremel to fit the cable covers under the roof.

I'm sure that we don't neeed a painted glass but only the bottom cover for the wires like the one you can see in the photo below:

Today i will try the new light switch with the pin soldered and i'll tell you the result of the vag scan.
Thanks p2rib.

The wiring I've done so far is:-

Interior mirror:

Pin 1 > fuse box (spare fuse)
Pin 2 > Earth
Pin 3 > B1
Pin 6 > Pin 1 on overhead lighting connector

Rain sensor (behind interior mirror on windscreen):

Pin 1 > fuse box (spare fuse)
Pin 2 > Earth
Pin 3 > F3

Light switch:

A2 > E14

Coming home button:

C1 > Earth
C2 > C4
C3 > E12
C4 > K10

With the above wiring, the auto wipers work fine and all the lights for the switches inside the car work ok and with Bit 5, 7 and 4 ticked in the long coding, the coming/leaving home function and auto lights work without any fault codes. The only problem is they work whether its day or night.

When I tick the rain/light sensor installed in the long coding, the auto lights and coming home functions don't work in the day but they produce 2 fault codes. I haven't got the vag com readout at the moment but I'll sort it out over the next few days.

I'm sure the install is almost complete, there may be a wire missing or something to do with coding, but it can't be much.

Let's hope we get there soon.

Cheers
what is meen: ?

Pin 1 > fuse box (spare fuse) meens where? i dont know how to translate this
Pin 2 > Earth
Pin 3 > F3 ( and this where? )
please help

i also have a problem:

when i activate from light switch to "AUTO " my computer sensors "buzz" me and told me that the car didnt found the light sensor? what to do???

·
Registered
5 Posts
I made the picture in English.
I hope you manage with this picture.
The picture displays not well, sent me your email and I will send the original picture.
Hi everybody.. I need help! I own an S4/B7 2005, and I'm trying to upgrade the C.H./L.H. + autodimming mirror function to her. I did all the connections following this scheme..
my problems:

1) If I cut and isolate the pin nr.1 form main switch light, I have no power to the Coming Home circuit.. I tried.
So I I tried to leave the nr.1 connected both to the original wire and the new circuit ( 4-8-1-18 ).
..but in this case I report an allarm to the left blinker that stay light... the rest is working good, C.H. is working properly.

2) I tried to isolate the original wire that come to the pin nr. 18 keeping the rest of the cicuit as above (so with the pin 1 connected) ..inthis case, both the blinkers are not working, stayng unlight with error reported on FIS.
The rest work properly.

before to try other combinations ..anyone have an idea? ..mine: I can try to isolate both nr 1 and nr 18.. maybe this will be the solution? if I isolate nr 1 I don't understand from were the power will come.. because, from the scheme, seems to be the 18 the new power, but ..it's sure? It is maybe necessary to give power to the autodimming mirror from the fuse nr. 5 (the same fuse for Navigation system) to pick up the current, in addition to the circuit scheme?

help.. pleeease :)

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
I own an S4/B7 2005
You need to post your question in the S4 B7 forum then... the C5 A6 platform is different and what works here may not work on your car.

·
Registered
115 Posts
please can any one tell me what it meen "F3" and where i can find it?

what is meen: ?

Pin 1 > fuse box (spare fuse) meens where? i dont know how to translate this
Pin 2 > Earth
Pin 3 > F3 ( and this where? )
please help

·
Registered
5 Posts
You need to post your question in the S4 B7 forum then... the C5 A6 platform is different and what works here may not work on your car.
ok thanks.. anyway, thanks to a friend of mine on Italian forum.. I solved the problem.. now I have the Coming-leaving home working properly.

it's true the platform is different the same scheme found here work also in the A4 B6, for my S4 B7 I have two different pins location in the control unit board net.

If anybody need to know may send me a p.m. ;)

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
If anybody need to know may send me a p.m. ;)
Please post the solution here, we like to share information to all by posting rather then "private" PMs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
yep..I understood that wasn't an interest for this platform..

assuming the scheme posted..for B7: the wire of pin 1 that come from the mirror goes to pin 20 of T/32 instead of pin 18 and the wire from pin 3 of the mirror goes to pin 2 of the 26 pins connector of the control unit board, not on T/32 pin 30..
that's it!

hope this help ;)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Here's a question... What if I only wanted the Coming Home feature?

I'm not so much interested in the Auto Lights, but more in the Coming Home feature.

I do have the Headlight range and Coming home switch (8E2 919 094 D) and the Headlight Switch w/ the Auto Position (8EO 941 531 D 5PR).

I don't have access to the Avant right now, and I'm worried I would need to buy another rear view mirror. This is the one I currently have:

Are any of you using this auto-dimming rear view mirror in conjunction w/ the Coming Home/Auto Light features?

·
Registered
115 Posts
yes , but for comming home function you need the light sensor . This is my dilema. i dont know where to Wire the light/ rain sensor.

121 - 140 of 160 Posts