Audi Forum banner

101 - 120 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a 2003 A4 cabrio and it came with the auto dim mirror and the trip computer and factory Xenon (auto leveling, no switch).
So, I should be able to change my headlight switch to the one with the "Auto" position and this will work? Or will I need to change/add any wires for it to work?
What is the version of your central electrical module ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Does anyone have a guide to change the central electric moidule from lowline to highline? I have lowline in mine and would like to change it if possible.

Chas

·
Registered
108 Posts
Does anyone have a guide to change the central electric moidule from lowline to highline? I have lowline in mine and would like to change it if possible.

Chas
Hello!

You cannot purely chage the lowline module for the highline, because lowline cars don't have burn lamps warning... the highline have this... So, if you swap your lowline module for a highline one, the car will work, but you will have various warnings in your DIS reporting that you have all lamps burned...

I know that, because I have a LowLine B6 too, and I stuck in this...

I think that the only way is cheat the highline module... He have to Know which are the pins that verify the lamps status and maybe connect them all to mass...

BTW, Anyone have a detailed Wiring Diagram of an highline central Electric Module? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
71 Posts
What is the version of your central electrical module ?
I have checked the cent. elect. module. And it`s the 8E0 907 279 E
I have a 2003 A4 cabrio and it came with the auto dim mirror and the trip computer and factory Xenon (auto leveling, no switch).
So, I should be able to change my headlight switch to the one with the "Auto" position and this will work? Or will I need to change/add any wires for it to work?

Thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have checked the cent. elect. module. And it`s the 8E0 907 279 E

Thanks
Hello,

first you have to swap to a F module . For the rest i have to check wiring diagram. I ll do this this WE.

C u

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hello,

first you have to swap to a F module . For the rest i have to check wiring diagram. I ll do this this WE.

C u

You`re GREAT!!, guy`s like you is the reason why these kind of forums keep excisting.

Btw, do you mean replace by 'swap'. (i don`t know the term swap)

Thanks my friend.

·
Registered
48 Posts
You`re GREAT!!, guy`s like you is the reason why these kind of forums keep excisting.

Btw, do you mean replace by 'swap'. (i don`t know the term swap)

Thanks my friend.
Hello Dan,

swap is replace :)

L version is not allowed .... try F version on ebay.de, search with audi bordnetz A4 or audi Steuergerät (I found an F module at 59 €)

Have a nice WE

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hello Dan,

swap is replace :)

L version is not allowed .... try F version on ebay.de, search with audi bordnetz A4 or audi Steuergerät (I found an F module at 59 €)

Have a nice WE
Okay!! i have found one at ebay indead. I`ll wait for your comment about the wiring.

Is replacing an easy job to do? Where is it located?

And have a nice weekend yourself!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Okay!! i have found one at ebay indead. I`ll wait for your comment about the wiring.

Is replacing an easy job to do? Where is it located?

And have a nice weekend yourself!
Dan did you got my PM ?

Yes replace is very easy, if you need help i will be here ...the module is at the right side of the fuse box , under the driver glove box (if you need i ll send you how to do)

Have a nice WE (in south of france we will have a lot of sun)

·
Registered
71 Posts
You`ve got PM also!!

Thanks,
And about that sun in the south of france..... here in the netherlands we have got lots of rain :) And i drive a cab :-(

·
Registered
91 Posts
No, the C5 never had AUTO lights, which is the basis for this setup.
What do you mean with AUTO light?
My 2001 S6 has Automatic driving light.... headlamps turns on when I turn ignition and start!
Will this make it possible for me then??
Would have been nice :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
What do you mean with AUTO light?
My 2001 S6 has Automatic driving light.... headlamps turns on when I turn ignition and start!
Will this make it possible for me then??
Would have benn nice :)
I think you have DRL (Day Running Lights) that are always on with ignition.

Auto lights use a lightsensor to turn on only when it's dark.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yes, DRL is the right name, but I also have auto dimming mirrors.
Does that helps? Or is it impossible with the C5?

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
Yes, DRL is the right name, but I also have auto dimming mirrors.
Does that helps? Or is it impossible with the C5?
Auto dimming mirrors implies that the sensors are fitted to your car - but since the C5 never had the auto-lights option and nobody appears to have done it yet, then it looks like you have to be the one to work out how to do it on the C5.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi Guys,

I've noticed a few of you have enabled coming home lights without the auto dimming mirror/light sensor on the A3 and I was wondering if this is possible on an A4 B6?

I was starting to slowly buy all the bits to do auto lights etc, but then I realised the only thing I really want is the coming home lights. I've bought the range control with the additional coming home switch on it and it would be nice to utilise this, but not essential and I'm not worried about the coming home lights working in the day either.

If anyone know's how, I'd be very grateful to know how it's done.

Thanks in advance.

Rich

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've finally bought an autodimming mirror without rain sensor as seen on pre restyling 8P A3 (double frame) and on some A4 8E/8H:

The autodimming feature works ok but i haven't tryed yet to connect the mirror to the dome light and reverse gear signal.. I think that one of these signal are unavaiable on this mirror because it has only 6 pin so this is the schema i would like to follow:

Pin 1 > fused +12v
Pin 2 > ground
Pin 3 > B1
Pin4 & Pin5 > To the auto dimming wing mirrors
Pin 6 > dome light or something else?

I think PIN6 is for the auto light function but i'm pretty sure that on my 2006 A3 the control module (F version) won't accept these type of sensor because it expects the rain/light ones.. what do you think?? Have someone tryed the same mods?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have tryed this mod with no luck.. my mirror does the autodimming feature but the light sensor doesn't work. If I try to enable rain/light sensor with VAG in centr. elect. I have a defective sensor message in the cluster (and in vag-com). So it seems that my mirror can't work with my control module.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi,
Looks like you have a miswired or defective light sensor... is it factory new?
Hello,

I swaped my "E" module with the "F" and everything is working nice : Auto light are up when dark outside, coming/leaving home are up when close/open the car :)

The only things that are not good is about the mirror...When i open the door (or when inside lights are on), mirror is still black (dimming on) and when i put reverse ... :-(

I ckecked the scheme and he seem to be the good and the same... perhaps any coding on central conv (46)?
Any ideas gents ?

Thankx
I've finally bought an autodimming mirror without rain sensor as seen on pre restyling 8P A3 (double frame) and on some A4 8E/8H:

The autodimming feature works ok but i haven't tryed yet to connect the mirror to the dome light and reverse gear signal.. I think that one of these signal are unavaiable on this mirror because it has only 6 pin so this is the schema i would like to follow:

Pin 1 > fused +12v
Pin 2 > ground
Pin 3 > B1
Pin4 & Pin5 > To the auto dimming wing mirrors
Pin 6 > dome light or something else?

I think PIN6 is for the auto light function but i'm pretty sure that on my 2006 A3 the control module (F version) won't accept these type of sensor because it expects the rain/light ones.. what do you think?? Have someone tryed the same mods?
Hello some of can help me?

i have my audi A4 1,9 tdi 2004 i have xenon , parktronik , i have bord computer and i want to retrofit AUTO LIGHT and comming home / L H and olso folding mirrors and interior mirror with dimmer.
I have a Highline module 8E0 907 279 F

i have manage to get for this retrofits :

1. headlight switch with the "Auto" position

2 i have the comming h/L home butons switch

2. i have the inside mirror from an audi B7 code: 4FO 857 511 E

3. i have the folding mirrors (but i dont know where to wire them

Please can anyone help me how to retrofit them?

Attachments

101 - 120 of 160 Posts