Audi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an EU Audi A3 with the latest 2007 DVD just installed. I have not been able to delete a POI with this version or the older software.

Is this just a very easy thing that I'm missing or some kind of trick to it?

Thanks and sorry if this has been covered (searches were fruitless).

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Augustiner said:
I have an EU Audi A3 with the latest 2007 DVD just installed. I have not been able to delete a POI with this version or the older software.

Is this just a very easy thing that I'm missing or some kind of trick to it?

Thanks and sorry if this has been covered (searches were fruitless).
When you say delete a POI, do you mean delete one of POI's that come with the system (like e.g. a restaurant) or do you mean delete one of the destinations that you manually entered e.g. work?

The former (deleting a POI that came with the system) is not possible, nor can POI's (like speed camera locations) be added. This is just about the worst shortcoming of the RNS-E.

Deleting a saved location is done (and this is rather weird) by pressing NAME and then finding the entry either by using FIND ENTRY or VIEW LIST and then pressing the big knob to select it, as well as a short description you will see DELETE ENTRY, select and press that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The second is what I was after. I will try that method. Never thought to look under "Name" for that function. There is a Delete Route option, but I have never seen it illuminated as an option.

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts