Audi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for good solution for my Blaupunkt ME3. I guess there is no other way to connect extra AV source than Dietz DVD/TV RNS-E adapter.

more info...

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I spoke with manufacturer and found more info.
This adapter will support PAL signal. Since most of car DVD Players are PAL / NTSC there is no problem. Only TV option is not going to work. At least for now ;)

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I guess you won't have much fun using a PAL monitor (RNS-E) and a PAL DVD player with an NTSC DVD.
I have a similar setup at home with a PAL/NTSC player and an NTSC monitor (the TV). Since PAL or NTSC is the format on the DVD itself, it may play through a DVD player which supports both but if the monitor doesn't support the same format it won't work. You would need to look for an adapter which supports both PAL to RGB and NTSC to RGB to play both PAL and NTSC DVDs on an RGB monitor (the RNS-E).

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those guys from Conexx told me that Blaupunkt ME3 (which I have) will play NTSC DVD and output them (I guess as PAL signal) to RNS-E without any problems :eek:

I'm not sure if ME3 have converting capabilities though :roll:

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Dietz 1217 interface is no longer produced. The new one will do NTSC also. Price is 299€. The new one is the 1417.

Regards,
Stefan

·
Registered
1 Posts
navi-center said:
The Dietz 1217 interface is no longer produced. The new one will do NTSC also. Price is 299€. The new one is the 1417.

Regards,
Stefan

Any idea about when 1417 interface will be released?
And how about 1280 interface (TV-free) ? Do I still need it if I already had interface 1217 or 1417?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts