Audi Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are all of the systems set up for this? Where do you get the sensor/transmitters for each wheel? This would be a great option for me; my wife is ALWAYS having me check tire pressure.

I have a 2004 A6 3.0L Quattro
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,767 Posts
You can order the A4 B7 and A4 B6 Cabrio with an OEM tire pressure system (~250 $US or Euro). It requires special valves which communicate with one or two CAN-BUS connected receivers. For the B7 you can tell the RNS-E via VAG-COM that the tire pressure system is installed which then allows you to select CAR and check the tire pressure. In cars without the RNS-E, the tire pressure is shown in the DIS via Check Control.

Not sure if anybody tried to install this in a B6. Looks possible if you are willing to spend some $$ (I would estimate about US$500) and get all the components.

If you open loading.kwi with a hex text editor (don't use Notepad or Wordpad!!), you can see that there are messages concerning tire pressure. I would assume that all RNS-E are able to talk to the tire pressure system if properly installed.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
11,350 Posts
I want one!!!! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where can I get a list of what is needed?

To have this option? I am about to buy new wheels and tires and would like to have the sensors installed then.

I have a 04 A6 3.0L Quattro

Thanks,
Duke
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,767 Posts
I have learned in the meantime (from a message in a German forum) that only the A8 and probably the A6 MMI do display the tire pressure. The RNS-E does not do that and on the A3/A4 the tire pressure monitoring system uses the DIS only.

Still, the RNS-E software includes text for a tire pressure monitoring system. So there are still chances that the message inthe forum was incorrect or that this feature is planned in a future release.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
Its worth it even if it displays it in the DIS only IMHO. It's hugely convenient, and third party systems do not provide a clean interface.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
11,350 Posts
The circuit diagrams you can get from erWin show that it's 1 CAN bus receiver module - with built in antenna - plus 4 tyre senders.

I'll scan the relevant page and post it here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Well there are 2 different sets of parts depending on the modle code of 2004 A6.

1) 4D0 907 273 C or A - Control Unit (1)
2) 4D0 907 275 or A - wheel electronic sensor (5 requied - 1 for spare)
3) b 4D0 601 361 - Replacement valve for cars with system installed
4) 4D0 907 277 or A - Aerial (4)
5) 4D0 907 372 A - holder for antenna (4)
6) 4Z7 907 525 - bracket for Antenna left front
6) 4Z7 907 526 A - bracket for Antenna right front
7) 4Z7 907 537 - bracket for antenna left rear
7) 4Z7 907 538 - bracket for antenna right rear
10) 4B0 919 719 A or B - Multiple switch for Dash
4A0 972 883 - 12 pin connector for multiple switch
4B0 919 221 A - cover for 12 pin connector
13) 1J0 972 977 or A- 32 pin connector for control unit
14) 1J0 973 702 - 2 pin connector for arieal (4)
17) +N 101 563 05 - hex bolts 8
19) +N 901 063 02 - Hex nut 8


Ok thats the last time I do that
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
11,350 Posts
According to erWin on the A4 the Control Unit only has 8 connections:

30a from Fuse F17 (10A)
Ground
L diagnostic line
Convenience CAN (H & L)
3 connections to the aerial

Can anyone confirm whether the B7 A4 with RNS-E shows the tyre pressure information on the RNS-E? :?:
(An earlier reply suggested that only the MMI RNS-E would display tyre pressure information ...)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Dave,
Have you had any prices on the required parts for this yet. I would be very keen to add this to my B7 avant.
Also do you know which of the Erwin Sections contain the codes for coding moduals I.E Cruise Control, DIS, Tyre monitoring and Navigation.

Many thanks

Barry
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
11,350 Posts
I've not asked for any prices yet - I want to be sure that the tyre pressure information WILL be displayed on the RNS-E before I spend "loads-a-money" on parts.

I haven't found anywhere in the erWin manuals that gives VAG-COM codes. I reckon the best bet is to go on to the VAG-COM forum on Audi World and ask there - a Ross Tech person usually replies quite quickly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
PetrolDave said:
I've not asked for any prices yet - I want to be sure that the tyre pressure information WILL be displayed on the RNS-E before I spend "loads-a-money" on parts.

I haven't found anywhere in the erWin manuals that gives VAG-COM codes. I reckon the best bet is to go on to the VAG-COM forum on Audi World and ask there - a Ross Tech person usually replies quite quickly.
To get ABLE the tire pressure on A4 B6 with Vag-Com.


STG 17 (combination instrument) select
STG coding - > function 07
recode:
??xxx : Optional extra

+16 - Tire pressure control (starting from MJ 2005)

On the new A6 maybe is like it.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
11,350 Posts
rosnik said:
To get ABLE the tire pressure on A4 B6 with Vag-Com.


STG 17 (combination instrument) select
STG coding - > function 07
recode:
??xxx : Optional extra

+16 - Tire pressure control (starting from MJ 2005)

On the new A6 maybe is like it.
The latest version of VAG-COM says this value is for the version 2 of the DIS i.e. the B7 A4.

I've coded it on my B6 S4 - and don't get an error message - so I presume it won't work (no error message = not looking on the CAN for a controller that isn't there!).

Which still leaves the $64,000 question - can an A4 version of RNS-E be coded to display tyre pressure data???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
The latest version of VAG-COM says this value is for the version 2 of the DIS i.e. the B7 A4.

I've coded it on my B6 S4 - and don't get an error message - so I presume it won't work (no error message = not looking on the CAN for a controller that isn't there!).

Which still leaves the $64,000 question - can an A4 version of RNS-E be coded to display tyre pressure data???

MMMMMMMMMMHHHHHHhhhhhhhhh !!!
You are in right Guy . Previous code works on B7 only .


Test to go at channel 61 and add +00 512

You'll see on the FIS the new Tire Display .

I do it.

I think it works on MMI too for A4 B6 but I haven't , I have standard Navi PLUS.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
David said:
Well there are 2 different sets of parts depending on the modle code of 2004 A6.

1) 4D0 907 273 C or A - Control Unit (1)
2) 4D0 907 275 or A - wheel electronic sensor (5 requied - 1 for spare)
3) b 4D0 601 361 - Replacement valve for cars with system installed
4) 4D0 907 277 or A - Aerial (4)
5) 4D0 907 372 A - holder for antenna (4)
6) 4Z7 907 525 - bracket for Antenna left front
6) 4Z7 907 526 A - bracket for Antenna right front
7) 4Z7 907 537 - bracket for antenna left rear
7) 4Z7 907 538 - bracket for antenna right rear
10) 4B0 919 719 A or B - Multiple switch for Dash
4A0 972 883 - 12 pin connector for multiple switch
4B0 919 221 A - cover for 12 pin connector
13) 1J0 972 977 or A- 32 pin connector for control unit
14) 1J0 973 702 - 2 pin connector for arieal (4)
17) +N 101 563 05 - hex bolts 8
19) +N 901 063 02 - Hex nut 8


Ok thats the last time I do that
That's a pretty comprehensive list. I've got an A6 with a Symphony II head unit. I'm looking to get an RNS-E at some point but in the meantime I like the idea of having the tire pressure in the DIS. Is the above all I need or is there something else I would need for my current set up?
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top