Audi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchasing a RNS-E soon for my B7 A4. I would like to route to the sharkfin, but heard it's a little bit of effort (remove glovebox, remove headliner, route to sharkfin).

Does anyone have any pictures of this install and how do you plug it into the sharkfin interface? Also any pictures on wire routing to the fin will help.

Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not too difficult

I routed to the sharkfin last weekend in subzero weather, took about 10 minutes. Just pull straight down on the rear-most trim piece of your headliner and set aside. Use a Torx to loosen (not remove) the passenger side yellow plastic bracket, and fish with our hand TOWARDS THE PILLAR for a couple wire connectors in some grey foam. You do not have to cut the wire tie you'll see there. The picture mentioned below made it look a bit more medial than I expected, but is the best shot I have found: http://forums.audiworld.com/s4b6/msgs/255474.phtml.
Hope this helps!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully others might comment with pictures or additonal help.

So do you route all along side of the roof and down the front windshield pillar into the glovebox? Is the wire visable? Pics would defintly help showing the routing.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Re: Nice

kak39 said:
So do you route all along side of the roof and down the front windshield pillar into the glovebox? Is the wire visable? Pics would defintly help showing the routing.
Taking that route the wire would NOT be visible.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
word desc

Ahh i suck with word descriptions, let me see if i can visualize this.

- on the roof liner in the back seat near the rear window there is a trim that can be removed with a torx.

- once removed you'll see the interface to the Fin (blue connector).

- Run the cable from the RNS-E unit behind the "removed" glovebox.

- Run it up the passenger side pillar, tucked behind the plastic.

- Push the cable underneath the removed roof liner and plug into the blue connector

- Close back up roof liner (torx)

Good?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I went along the side of the rear seat

Have a look at these pictures, also can be found through the "quicklinks"
-Gustee

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks

thanks i did see this write up, but i dont' see any pics of how the wire is run from the actual RNS-E to the sharkfin...I just see pics of it being plugged into the sharkfin with the roof panel removed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
along the door sills

I went along the sills of the rear then front doors, but I had some trim parts already off to put in an under-seat BT module at the same time. If clips stay in the body when taking off trim peices, a fine needle-nose plier is really helpful!
-Gustee

·
Registered
18 Posts
2nd on the door sill

I tucked mine under the doorsill without removing any trim panels at all.
Just tuck it under the inside lip, then behind the glovebox
Pretty simple.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts