Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

This topic should have been discussed before but I couldnt find it thru the Search page.

Is there a way to get rid of the Warning screen?
I still have the Vag-Com from a friend and I could make the necessary changes.

Thank you in advance

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
a4_turbo said:
To be more specific - it's the Warning screen when the unit is being powered on.
How many times do I have to be warned?

These screens are for "Stupid People"
The only way to get rid of the warning screen is live somewhere other than the US or Canada. Like Australia, we don't get the screen in Europe either.

I'm afraid it's the price you pay from letting a "sue first and ask questions later" mindset become prevalent - no company will risk a multi-million dollar lawsuit from not telling you EVERY TIME that you shouldn't look at the screen or operate the device whilst driving.

I'm sure many (most) of you have heard of the case where Winnebago had to pay a settlement in excess of $1m to an owner because they didn't make it clear that the cruise control didn't steer his RV - so it crashed when he got up to get something from a cupboard (some versions of the story say a beer from the fridge). To us in Europe that's just stupid!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Fake story

That story about the Winnebago settlement is completely false, as are many similar tales about the US civil court system (e.g. guy sues for running over his own hand, etc.)

The US civil court system may be a bit out of hand, but it's not THAT idiotic. The tradeoff is that we have far less government intrusion into our daily lives than much of Europe, as we use the civil court system to self-correct rather than legislation.

·
Registered
68 Posts
PetrolDave said:
I'm sure many (most) of you have heard of the case where Winnebago had to pay a settlement in excess of $1m to an owner because they didn't make it clear that the cruise control didn't steer his RV - so it crashed when he got up to get something from a cupboard (some versions of the story say a beer from the fridge). To us in Europe that's just stupid!
Dave,

That is stupid wherever you live, that guy should have been b***h slapped like a moron that he is and had his drving priveleges taken away until he makes a public statement about how stupid he actually was/is.
That may be extereme, but AFAIM concerned stupidy should not be an excuse or reason.

Bajo

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
It's SW 0150 that removes the "nag" screen.

The 2007 DVD has US SW 0150, so inserting the 2007 DVD automatically updates the SW to 0150.

It is also possible to update to SW to 0150 and continue using an older map DVD.

·
Registered
155 Posts
PetrolDave said:
It's SW 0150 that removes the "nag" screen.

The 2007 DVD has US SW 0150, so inserting the 2007 DVD automatically updates the SW to 0150.

It is also possible to update to SW to 0150 and continue using an older map DVD.
In the USA? Please continue...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
One new cool feature - mute button - hit the power on button once - will mute the sound. press it again - mute off.

Now to turn off the RNS-E you have to press the power button for few secs.

From a different post:

- THE DISCLAIMER WILL BE GONE
- The MUTE feature will make it finally to North America
- The MIX function will stay activated when pressing the next/prev track buttons
- With route guidance enabled the first line in the DIS now shows the first characters of the songs title (instead of MP3)
- In radio mode, Memory got renamed to Presets
- The older 2A DVD (and likely the 1A DVD as well) will work with the new software
- The new software is more picky about backup disks but has no copy protection like the Euro 0330+ DVDs have.
- New map data is supposed to be included as well.
- And did I mention that the disclaimer will no longer show up when

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
a4_turbo said:
One new cool feature - mute button - hit the power on button once - will mute the sound. press it again - mute off.

Now to turn off the RNS-E you have to press the power button for few secs.

From a different post:

- THE DISCLAIMER WILL BE GONE
- The MUTE feature will make it finally to North America
- The MIX function will stay activated when pressing the next/prev track buttons
- With route guidance enabled the first line in the DIS now shows the first characters of the songs title (instead of MP3)
- In radio mode, Memory got renamed to Presets
- The older 2A DVD (and likely the 1A DVD as well) will work with the new software
- The new software is more picky about backup disks but has no copy protection like the Euro 0330+ DVDs have.
- New map data is supposed to be included as well.
- And did I mention that the disclaimer will no longer show up when
All of these improvements to US SW 0150 have already been listed here.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts