Audi Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought these keys online. they said they were for an Audi.
I stick them in the holes, but cannot get the unit out. Please help.

[/img]

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
shawnie53 said:
uh oh... in that case you may have put in the keys backwards... and thats a BIG problem :S
what do you mean backwards, and why is it a big problem? Are they not the right keys?

357 Posts
They look like the right keys. You need to push them in all the way until it clicks. However, if you put them in the wrong way, they get stuck.

The correct way is to have the longer edge on the outer side when inserting the key (ie closer to the dash).

The backwards way would be to have the key flipped and have the long edge on the inside. Once they are in that way, it is difficult to remove. Hopefully you did not put all four keys in and can remove the RNS-E using the other keys and rock it out.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Those keys are for porsche and they are awful for Audi or VW radios because the shape is not quite right...and the keys are cheap and flimsy. I sell proper audi keys on my website for less than $10 for the set of four.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NSX JR said:
Those keys are for porsche and they are awful for Audi or VW radios because the shape is not quite right...and the keys are cheap and flimsy. I sell proper audi keys on my website for less than $10 for the set of four.
Damm wish I would of known sooner. So I've been putting the keys in correctly. I think that they are so cheaply made that they just don't work right.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Same Problem...

I am having the same problem removing my RNS-E. Are you supposed to have the screen flipped down to have the 4th key slot showing when removing this unit? Please advise. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Re: Same Problem...

ipaksolutions said:
I am having the same problem removing my RNS-E. Are you supposed to have the screen flipped down to have the 4th key slot showing when removing this unit? Please advise. Thanks.
No, you can insert the key without tipping down the screen.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NSX JR said:
I just bought the keys off your website. I think my crappy keys are the problem. They work on the cd changer in the glove box great, but on the Nav unit, when I put them in, they don't lock onto the Nav. The keys just pull back out.

·
Registered
235 Posts
swoardrider, you'll love the keys from NSX JR - anything he sells is golden :)

·
Registered
530 Posts
NSX JR said:
I sell proper audi keys on my website for less than $10 for the set of four.
Just so that we're clear, are the keys you sell on your website an original Audi part?

357 Posts
Alister said:
NSX JR said:
I sell proper audi keys on my website for less than $10 for the set of four.
Just so that we're clear, are the keys you sell on your website an original Audi part?
They're not an Audi part as they are custom made, but they look like quality material. They're nice and thick and cut correctly so they will seat properly when you insert them and you can pull with force without bending the keys.

He has only quality items on his site. Don't have any fears about this.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Alister said:
No. These are custom made from stainless steel. I have used just about every kind and brand of tools made, and these are at least as good as the OEM Audi tools... and much less expensive.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts