Audi Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody help?

I have got a Nav Plus RNS-D in my 2001 S3, I have read that it is possible to change the startup screen picture. I have found on this forum a link to download (NaviEdit) a small piece of software which is supposed to be easy to use to enable me to change the picture but the program is in German and I have not got a clue what to do.

Dose anyone know if there is an English program available or could you tell me how to use the NaviEdit software I would be very greatfull

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No worries people I finally managed it! Now when I startup my nav unit I get greeted with a much more appropriate screen and it looks a bit more up to date than the original. well I think so!!
[/img]

·
Registered
21 Posts
NAGARO said:
No worries people I finally managed it! Now when I startup my nav unit I get greeted with a much more appropriate screen and it looks a bit more up to date than the original. well I think so!!
[/img]
can you post pics of it? I tried once and my nav didn't accept the new 2001 with changed startup screen. I since updated for the 2003 version but wouldn't going back to 2001 just to have another startup screen. the audi one is really outdated...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi
I did the change with the 2003 update mine was originaly 2002, I will try and add a photo but this forum stuff is all new to me and when I tryed to add a pic to my last reply it failed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
NAGARO said:
Hi
I did the change with the 2003 update mine was originaly 2002, I will try and add a photo but this forum stuff is all new to me and when I tryed to add a pic to my last reply it failed.
did you find a german user that on his skoda changed the background of the radio screen on the nav? amazing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
yesterday messed a bit with the navedit program but it's very limited in colors. there's another prog out there called naviflash that handles custom colors much better but doesn't like fw2003...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hope this works if it dose there should be a few images above, there is a photo of my unit but it dose not show the startup screen up very well and there is the image I created and used (I hope)

I also tryed to use the naviflash but my PC did not seem to enjoy it beeing on the system so I had to remove it but I don't mind as any change is good.

( NO still can not figure out how to add pics please help if you can)

·
Registered
21 Posts
NAGARO said:
I hope this works if it dose there should be a few images above, there is a photo of my unit but it dose not show the startup screen up very well and there is the image I created and used (I hope)

I also tryed to use the naviflash but my PC did not seem to enjoy it beeing on the system so I had to remove it but I don't mind as any change is good.

( NO still can not figure out how to add pics please help if you can)
if you can send them to [email protected] and I'll post them here. thanks. nuno

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello,

@brainstorm : Can you post or send me your startup screen file please ?

I did It also for my S3 !

Here is a picture of my startup Screen :p

Tom-S3

·
Registered
21 Posts
Tom-S3 said:
Hello,

@brainstorm : Can you post or send me your startup screen file please ?

I did It also for my S3 !

Here is a picture of my startup Screen :p

Tom-S3
did you managed to put such a high quality pic full of colors on the startup screen??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello,

In the Navi there is a little bit less color but the picture is still very good. I ll try to post the real picture as it si on the Navi.

Tom-S3

·
Registered
13 Posts
Tom - your pic is great but it is much higher resolution than the NAV+ screen. Did you use the original colour palette for your picture or did you modify it?
If you modified it how did it affect your display? What software did you use? Do you know how to export the colour palette of the original startup screen and import it into an image editor? I know with the NavEdit you can just drop the image in and it tries to use as much of the original palette as possible but if any of the palette is modified it will affect the map display as the modified colours will replace the original ones.
Thanks
Ted

1 - 19 of 19 Posts