Audi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
user25280_pic951_1292501461.jpg user25280_pic952_1292501461.jpg user25280_pic953_1292501461.jpg user25280_pic954_1292501461.jpg user25280_pic955_1292501461.jpg

On November the 16th 2010 I was hit by a speeding SUV going 75mph in a 25mph zone, the side impact air bags pushed me away and reduced the impact of the accident, I suffered multiple rib fractures on my left side and tore some muscles in my legs.
I have made a full recovery and consider myself very fortunate to be alive, I am very confident the outcome would be very different had I been in a different vehicle.
I purchased another Audi A5 Tuesday December the 14th exactly 4 weeks after my accident.
I hope anyone that views these pictures will appreciate how fragile life really is.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Wow !

Thanks for posting and I'm glad you're still able to!

I've went for the extra side airbags in the rear of my A4 Avant in addition to those you "tested". I hope it was a waste of money.

;-)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow !

Thanks for posting and I'm glad you're still able to!

I've went for the extra side airbags in the rear of my A4 Avant in addition to those you "tested". I hope it was a waste of money.

;-)
lol Hope you wasted your money too ;-)

I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy, I love Audi , I guess after my experience, I learned the hard way that not only is it a fun car to drive its also very safe :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
I crashed at the Nurburgring (I aquaplaned over a crest) years ago in my TT at about 110mph.

I had a bruise on my shoulder from the seat belt and a sore wrist but that was all. The car needed :

every body panel apart from the roof and tailgate
front sub frame
steering rack
intercoolers
all suspension
wheels
etc etc

Built strong! ;)

p.s. Despite all the above not a single bit of glass was broken !!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I crashed at the Nurburgring (I aquaplaned over a crest) years ago in my TT at about 110mph.

I had a bruise on my shoulder from the seat belt and a sore wrist but that was all. The car needed :

every body panel apart from the roof and tailgate
front sub frame
steering rack
intercoolers
all suspension
wheels
etc etc

Built strong! ;)

p.s. Despite all the above not a single bit of glass was broken !!
good think you walked out ok, thats a lot of damage you did wow, i'm surprised insurance didn't total the car,

after my accident all my friends where telling me i'm better off having the insurance write it off as I would have serious problems selling it in the future but deep inside I was hoping it could be fixed, I loved it so much,

the insurance did write it off, apart from the damage you can see the dash was also broken , so was the front windshield, the Audi service center called first and told me it couldn't be fixed,

I know some garage did buy the vehicle at an auction held by the insurance company but they are having a hard time finding parts for it, I would like to see what kind of job they do once its done

·
Registered
93 Posts
They checked my chassis, then shipped it back to the UK for repair. It was fine and I kept it for 18 months.

I had it 3.5 years (bought for £24.5k and sold for £17k) so it was well worth repairing ;-)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Driving fast cars..

Driving a powerful car is like an addiction. There is need to put the put down on the pedal. Sometimes we need a reminder that the roads are a dangerous place.

Once I jumped the lights not intentionally, just because I was not paying attention. I got a beam of light in my face and hit my head against the wall for not being alert](*,)

This is a good reminder... Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts