I got this email this morining.

Hello,
I am somewhat embarrassed for how long it has taken us to get this out,
but we are releasing the V1 product to those who have shown interest
previously and were told to wait. The price is discounted for the wait
(and the possibility that we might need to add support for your vehicle
;) ). The interface will be fully updatable so you don't have to worry
about getting the latest version. If you car is unsupported, you can
buy the board, make a log file and help us add support for your model.
The new hardware is USB powered to make updating and log file creation
as easy as possible.

Please check out our pre-release site at:

http://audi.caughtbluehanded.com/beta

It is very preliminary and more details will be coming soon.

Let us know if you have any questions.
Thanks
Tudor
ADR

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
It is very cool gadget but I can't barely justify whole installation and cost while my V1 sits a litte bit above my line of sight. Not to mention that I take it with me while renting cars during my vacation trips.

I suspect that the whole idea is based on hiding V1 from people driving behind you, but this would make more sense if they would sell V1 covers matching car interior.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
It warns you for speed traps.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PROXUS said:
It is very cool gadget but I can't barely justify whole installation and cost while my V1 sits a litte bit above my line of sight. Not to mention that I take it with me while renting cars during my vacation trips.

I suspect that the whole idea is based on hiding V1 from people driving behind you, but this would make more sense if they would sell V1 covers matching car interior.

I feel the same way. I don't think that the V1 I have right above the right side of my rear view mirror gets in the way of anything. But you still HAVE to have the V1 mounted in sight anyway.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I have had this device for almost a year now and it rocks. Even if you don't care about concealing the display of the V1 (keeps anyone from actually seeing it from behind you since it is not lit up) then get it just for the auto mute feature. Anyone who has the V1 knows that it alarms for pretty much everything and having it automatically mute under 20, 30, or 40MPH keeps you from pressing the mute button 95% of the time. In fact, I don't think I have had to manually mute my unit but about once a month. Plus, if you have the MFSW you can easily mute it if necessary by pressing vol up, vol down quickly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I see the screen shots of the DIS on the linked page, but I'm curious what the DIS looks like when the RNS-E is active. Do you still see all the V1 info?

I guess if that's the case, the all you see is the V1 display and the nav info? No big loss on the temp and audio source display, but I'm guessing that when you're running on reserve fuel, you lose the v1 display

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
The V1 display only shows in the DIS when there is an actual alert. Therefore, most of the time your DIS behaves just like normal. When the V1 alerts, it overrides whatever is on the top two lines of the DIS.

Also, you are correct that if you are on reserve fuel, or if you have any other type of warning on the top of your DIS, that the V1 does not display there. Even more reason to not drive around with warnings on your screen!

·
Registered
20 Posts
ok I just got one.

Here is my question, hopefully Lee you can help me out (or anyone else with it)

found the can lines however on slot 10 there are 3 wires going to it, which one do I tap into, there are 2 gray and 1 brown?????

help!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts