Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello can sm help me with the diagram or how to connect power and the k line to the hybrid tv on the all road 2010 a4 ?kufatec send me the red plug with the wires (red,brown,green)but they refused to give me any instructions !!
i dont know if i should bridge the red power +12 ,to the power of the amp or draw power from the fuse box.the kufatec plug with the red connection has very short cables so i imagine that i suppose to take power from the rack devices ?does the same goes for the diognostics line ?is this the green cable on the kufatec red plug ? item nu :37022.
am very disappointed with kufatec Germany ,they sold me the parts but they want give me any instructions....
thank you in advance

·
Premium Member
11,049 Posts
hello can sm help me with the diagram or how to connect power and the k line to the hybrid tv on the all road 2010 a4
The B8 A4 does NOT have K-line diagnostics, so there is NO K-line in your car!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok maybe i used the wrong terminology ,what is the green thin wire that come with the power cables ?diognostics or triger or something?any way i have it connected to the radio power plug directly and it works fine(see it with vag com) however i cannot find the corect coding for the hybrid tv.any ideas?

·
Premium Member
11,049 Posts
what is the green thin wire that come with the power cables?
As I have said on here many times wire colours do not reliably indicate the function of the wire.

For that we need to know where the wire comes from - which pin of which connector?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hybrid tv retrofited finaly on my 2010 allroad a4 !!

As I have said on here many times wire colours do not reliably indicate the function of the wire.

For that we need to know where the wire comes from - which pin of which connector?

finaly done!!
i managed to performed a factory installation of a hybrid tv tuner to my new allroad a4 2010.
i think it is importand to mention the following :
the kufatec loom cable from tuner to boosters antenas suplied for the avant models is not correct ,the Antena cable on the left side is to short to fit were the amplifier is located(new all roads a4 have it on the far top left of the back left small window just next to the rear seat.)an extention fakra cable can rectify this.
coding for europe will be 0E020000.(got it on line by my friendly Audi dealer).
the power for the tv tuner comes from the radio power so it is red=12+
brown=12-,green is diognostics,colour code from the suplied kufatec red plug .kufatec does not supply any instructions but they are working on that.
once the tv is connected it will be automaticly detected by the MMI3G and works even if you dont vag com it...
the only problem was to connect the amplifier to the right back window antena ,and this was done by welding three small wires to the window antena..the others had the cables attached to the antenas and only the amplifiers had to be replaced.
the reception is fantastic and i pick up digital and analog receptions.
Also the new mmi 3g has the fakra green video connection even without tv or Rear camera :)

i have download some pictures on my profile sorry for poor quality,next project rear camera..

Ari

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dear @PetrolDave could you be so kind to share again the pictures from the installation?

I'm corrently also looking into this retrofit for a Audi A5 Sportback facelift 8TA.
I know that the tv tuner is the 4G0919129C (easy part)
The antennas I'm confused: (should be the 8T8035225F and the 8T8035225D )?

And the worst part, the cables.
Kufatec in 2022 does not yet provide a good support with my question and from the pictures I've some doubs that they are providing the correct cables.
Is this one the set? KUFATEC
I understood the connection of the red socket from the comments of @danikas which is to connect to the radio.
BUT and the MOST (fiber cable), where is to be connected? I already have the MOST on the radio. I dont see it now how to set up the connections.

Are you able to provide me some pictures from your installation?
Currently I dont have reverse camera (is what is missing from my car - because in fact I dont think is valuable - I dont care about that because I dont miss it in a daily drive - A5 is a small car, not a truck).

Many thanks for all the comments!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts