Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spoke with a local shop about programming everything and they said they can do it but I have to provide information on the modules and coding to them.

I'm trying to figure it out myself but could use some help here...

2002 Audi A4
RNS-E Euro version w/ US firmware
No CD changer
No Sat. radio
No BOSE

My objectives are:

- Program RNS-E to work with Bluetooth
- Get navigation info to show on DIS (never had this done when I installed the RNS-E)

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Only two things are important: the intrument cluster on #17 and the RNS-E on #56. For the instrument cluster check channel 62, take the current value and add 4, that will add the navigation display. It may take a while before it activates (over night or after a couple of minutes with the fuese removed) but it will work eventually. Remember that with the red DIS you have to turn the RNS-E off/on while in route guidance before something wil be displayed on the DIS.

For the RNS-E the coding should be 0303611. If you are running US sw 0110 on your RNS-E and have a B or G phone interface, the interface on #77 should be coded 0010777.

For details on the coding check the quick links.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you...I'm sure all of these numbers will make a lot more sense when I'm actually down there tomorrow with the VAG-COM...I'll print this out and take it with.

Quick and pretty dumb question...but just to make sure...

I can install the hardware at home and program everything later at the shopright...shouldn't cause any kind of problems if it's not programmed right away?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AudiA4B6US said:
For the RNS-E the coding should be 0303611.

For details on the coding check the quick links.

Should it be 0303611 as you said or 0301611?

I went to look at all the numbers and the only one I'm confused about is:

0xx?xxx: Sound characteristics
0 - linear
1 - Audi A4 (> 2004)
2 - Audi A6 (< 2004)
3 - Audi A4 Cabriolet (> 2004)
4 - Audi TT (> 2004)
5 - Audi A3 (8P)
9 - Bose Soundsystem

I have a regular A4...not the Cabriolet.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
You are right 0301 for the Sedan/Avant, 0303 for the Cabrio...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts