Audi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, hopefully someone with workshop manual or good vag com knowlege can help!

I am part way through a multifuction retrofit to my B5 RS4, I need to code the MFSW controller and let the car know its there!

I get a fault code of "no communication" from the steeering wheel controller on vag com, but I dont know the log-in code! Not only do I not know how to log in I dont know how to code the new multi function steering wheel, the one I have has volume and radio search buttons. My head unit is the factory fit RDS - D Sat Nav plus (with TV).

Any help appriciated - Also I will need to recode the steering angle sensor. For anyone else considering retro-fitting a MFSW it appears that my RS4 at least came with a slip ring that supports this function ( according to the part number on ETKA)

I did buy a used slip ring, multifunction control module, multi function steering wheel and air bag from an Audi A8 (D2) I have wire everything up, but cant get the buttons to work, they lights in the wheel wont even work even though that is also wired but I assume the signal to turn them on will come from the controller when its all cosed up.

As I said i decided to stick with my original slip ring from the RS4 as the A8 one also supported a heated wheel which I am not overly bothered about. The plan it to swap the ungly four spoke A8 wheel foir my nice Flat bottom Scirocco multifunction wheel (which interestingly has a single stage air bag!) I have already had the VW Scirrocco wheel fitted but obviously with out the Multi Fucntion buttons working. Once the A8 wheel is up and running my plan is to remove the steering wheel controller from within the A8 wheel and try and install it in the Scirrocco wheel and link it to the buttons as I think there is a high chnce the controller in the scirrocco wheel will not be able to cumunicate with the Multi Function controller I have now installed in the relay panel. In fact on the Scirocco I think the multifunction controller is actually in the steering wheel not on the relay panel.

Any help appricated!

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Neither the Ross-Tech wiki nor the Openobd website have any details for the steering wheel controller - so does the B5 even have one?

You don't need a login code to communicate with a controller that exists, nor (usually) to recode it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Neither the Ross-Tech wiki nor the Openobd website have any details for the steering wheel controller - so does the B5 even have one?

You don't need a login code to communicate with a controller that exists, nor (usually) to recode it.
Some B5s did from the factory (i.e those with MFSW!!) Mine now has the controler retrofited. I understood I did need to code it as i have just retrofitted it and the car does not know its there! I also need to recode the steering angle sensor and ABS. Surely someone knows? If not I guess I will just have to book it in at Audi and they can get do the required coding for a fee!.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts