Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have accuired a Bluetooth phone, the one made by Motorola. Before I order the correct cables (quite expensive) I thought I'd see that it starts up and charges the handset. Does anyone have any idea what the pins on these two connectors are for?

The control module has this blue 42 pin connector (besides antenna and MOST connectors):

The handset has this 12 pin connector (where 10 are used):

I guess the 10 pins on the handset are conected to 10 of the pins on the control module, but which? If anyone has any idea or even better an overview of all the pins please post.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Sorry, can't help here. You could get a repair guide from http://erWin.audi.com but the English version has much less information than the German version. If you can read German you should be able to find what you are looking for there.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
While the connector is the same I think it's unlikely that the layout is even close.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have now found out what the blue 42 pin connector on the control module are for:

6 - Terminal 31 (earth) -> To Phone cradle
7 - Data (+) -> To Phone cradle
8 - Terminal 31 -> To Phone cradle
15 - Terminal 31
16 - Terminal 31
28 - Data (-) -> To Phone cradle
29 - CNT-RL -> To Phone cradle
33 - Diagnostic
35 - Terminal 30
36 - Terminal 30
37 - Terminal 31
41 - Mic (-)
42 - Mic (+)

Remains to find out to which of the 10 connectors on the Phone Cradle above 5 pins should be connected to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.