Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In attempting to improve my poor Bluetooth performance, I reset the head unit of my RS4 (B7) Audi head unit. It wants a PIN to continue. There is no number in my owners manual, and the Audi dealer had not a clue with their service people off for the holidays. Can anyone help me? I would be most grateful. Merry christmas to all. Gary :?

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
If you bought your unit along with the car...your dealer service department will be the only source. You will need to provide VIN number (some of them require NAV serial number as well).

There is no other fast way to retrieve PIN.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate the response. The sales people at the dealership didn't have a clue, and the service people are off for the holidays. Bummer! I did buy the unit with the vehicle, and if they ever had the PIN code, it was not recorded in my manual, or in any of the paperwork with the sale. It sounds like they may not have received the code either. No problem with the VIN or serial number of the RNS-E. I have both in hand. Thanks again for trying to help. Gary

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
In new cars Audi does not deliver the security code anymore (at least in Europe)_. The RNS-E should not need the code if it doesn't get moved to another car because it remembers the VIN from the last car it was installed in. However, since it's a computer, it may forget thing and still prompt for the code because it simply forget the VIN. Your dealer should be able to get that code for your. And if he does, I would recommend to ask him and write it down, it case you ever need it again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did not remove the unit, only reset it by holding down the power button for 5-10 seconds to reset the unit per the operating manual. It is not going to work until I give it a code. I greatly appreciate your help, as I won't waste further effort in trying to outsmart the scoundrel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts