Audi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to install my bluetooth module into my RNS-E unite (C ver non SDS).

By reading around i've got 99% clear as to what has to be done except for......1 cable.

the Kufatec instruction are not very clear - even though they have translated most of it into english there is still some areas that could be worked on!!! lol

anyway my Q is this...
"grey -> Pin 11 (Grundtrager)" is this the Mute pin????goes to connector IV pin 1?
if not could some helpful person please advise?

Thanks u very much in advance

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
You got the harness that allows to retrofit the cradle as well, did you? Grundtrager seems to belong to the base plate where the cradle gets mounted on. If this is true there is no need to connect it unless you want to install the cradle too. The mute wire goes from pin T54/16 on the phone interface to connector D11 on the RNS-E, if you had the Symphpny/Concert head unit before via Connector IV pin 1.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AudiA4B6US,

first thank u very much for your time & effort in supporting this forum.
the "Grundtrager" cable is only in their documentation - not in loom.

Ok looking @ harness here are the cables & where they connect to that I know off.

CAN hi -> D9
CAN low -> D10
NF + -> C6
NF - -> C12
power, ground & mic all ok

the cables I'm not sure about are....

Diagnose ->???
Stummschallung ->???

Its these last two that I actually need hep with - sorry for the misleading Question!

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Diagnose -> k-wire
Stummschallung -> Mute

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks AudiA4B6US,

I wish I spoke german!

Was dreading having to pull the connector apart and the taping etc just to trace wich wire went to wich pin on the connector.

Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
S3_Camel

I'm presently attempting to collect the parts to do the install of the RNS-E and the Bluetooth module in my 2002 S3.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Install completed today.

everything went well, only prob was figuring out what the standard PIN # is for the bluetooth (eventually found it....1234)

Porb though is i have RNS-E SW 0110, and when mated to the Nokia N70 (Symbian) i get absolute basic functionality - no access to phonebook or anything else just "dial number"

To upgrade to latest SW0360 software Australian dealers want $900!

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Camel_S3 said:
Porb though is i have RNS-E SW 0110, and when mated to the Nokia N70 (Symbian) i get absolute basic functionality - no access to phonebook or anything else just "dial number"

To upgrade to latest SW0360 software Australian dealers want $900!
Don't bother spending the $900!

I've got a Nokia N70 and SW0360 - and I get exactly the same as you (no phonebooks or called/missed number lists). The Audi BT interface uses Bluetooth commands that the N70 doesn't support to recall the phonebook etc.

What you've got is the best you're going to get with an N70 - only way to get full functionality is by changing your phone - to one that has proven 100% compatiblity with the Audi Bluetooth interface.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks PetrolDave in that case I will save my dough!

Hey i was reading earlier about u were testing some software from IPaccess.....is there any further progressw with that?

Thanks
Camel_S3

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Camel_S3 said:
Hey i was reading earlier about u were testing some software from IPaccess.....is there any further progressw with that?
In it's present form the IPAccess SW doesn't help - it doesn't recognise the Audi interface as a Bluetooth device!

Craigyb is trying to get more information about the Bluetooth commands that the Audi interface uses to forward to IPAccess so they can add the functionality we all want to their SW.

Anyone with any information please help us solve this problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts