Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed an RNS-E and it works great. I then tried to hook up a Dension Icelink and had no luck getting the RNS-E to recognize that there's a "CD changer" attached ... It only recognizes the DVD and Sd cards. I figured it was a problem with the ipod adaptor; however, decided to put my OEM radio/ indash cd changer back in to rule this out. The Concert II recognizes a "CD changer" and so the the Icelink works with it (I suppose this is good news).

I've tried to see if I could VAG the car to tell it that there's a CD changer but after doing this, I still was unable to get to the ipod working with the Navi.

Anyone have any ideas of how to get the dam Icelink to work with the RNS-E ?

TIA,

Steve

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Make sure that you have the ground wire connected (pin 10 in the 20 pin connector I). also make sure that your RNS-E is coded to look for a CD changer and that your iceLink is at least firmware version 2.15.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AudiA4B6US said:
Make sure that you have the ground wire connected (pin 10 in the 20 pin connector I). also make sure that your RNS-E is coded to look for a CD changer and that your iceLink is at least firmware version 2.15.
Done, done and done :(

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Do you have an iceLink or iceLink Plus? The iceLink Plus I have works fine with the RNS-E after it got the ground wire connected and firmware updated. The older IceLink may be to old for the RNS-E.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's an Icelink Plus. I'm guessing there's a problem with the RNS-E harness - I'm gonnal try it with a friend's car (same car with RNS-E) to see if I can nail this down ...

Thanks !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts