Audi Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.k lets start by saying i dont think i'm thick but you lot might just prove me wrong !
The problem is i have fitted an RSN-E this works just fine, then i fitted a Bluetooth phone interface 8P0 862 335 M new from Audi + Audi mic and Antenna this works but not to its full ability (phone book and most other stuff NOT working ) . After reading all 27 pages of posts in the bluetooth section i think that i have narrowed it down to the coding of the telephone interface , Now on Thursday i will be visiting the local VW/AUDI tuning people to have the car re-mapped ( you can never have too much power :twisted: ) they have the latest VAG-COM programmes and have said that they will allow me to use there equipment ( cool or what :p ? ) so the question is ( in detail please ) what codes do i need to change and in what sections ( if you can help please be as exact as possable as i will be printing the replys off and taking them with me for refrence )

This is what i have at the moment
Audi A4 Avant 1.8T Quattro 2002 B6
Standard steering wheel
Non Bose
Phat noise
RSN-E (coding is 0301713, Sw0450,HwH56)
instruments chan 62 coded to 23
Phone is a NOKIA 6230i ( will be looking to update my phone soon so any ideas on a good phone would be helpful but it must be a NOKIA )

At the moment the Bluetooth icon does not show on the RSN-E unit but the signal strength does and nothing shows on the DIS (red type)
If you need any more information that i have missed just ask and i will get it

Thanks in advance for your help......

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The BT interface should be coded 0010722 for UK English, no MFSW, with k-line diagnostics and Audi head unit.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the car was hooked up to VAG-COM 512.4 and guss what it would not read the Bluetooth interface so i have had to leave it as is and will just have to invest in the new cable from Ross tech, I did say that things never go right for me....Any ideas why it would not recognise the interface. ???????????? :( Thanks

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
If you have a Ross-Tech cable, try the new beta VAG-COM 606.x, they are constaly trying to isolate those connection issue with the phone interface and made a lot progress over th elast few days.

·
Registered
517 Posts
As with any beta, if you decide to use it, make sure you use the latest version (606.5 at this moment). As AudiA4B6US mentioned, they are working on the finicky phone interface in this version. Some of the beta versions are perfect for this, others have problems, as you would expect in a beta. Also some of the 606.x versions had problems with some RNS-E HW versions (mine included), but since fixed.

If you use the (latest) beta, make sure to give them feedback, if you encounter any problems. I continue to be impressed at the responsiveness of Ross-Tech to reported trouble. Well worth the money in my opinion.

Bjarne

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the input i will contact Ross tech straight away and order a new cable....Many thanks again this just goes to show what a fantastic bunch of people are on this site all help eachother and on abuse ...Thanks :p

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well it's here i now have the NEW HEX-USB+CAN interface (which only took 2 days from the USA,,,,FANTASTIC) i have updated the version of VAG-COM from 419.1 to 512.4 and also 606 Beta and it still wont read the telephone interface .... :( .....Please help im at my wits end all i seem to be doing is spending money with no results .. :x ...Many thanks .....I will now be going into the garage to fix my mate's old Kwaker Z650 ( with the luck i'm having at the moment it will probably catch fire ) :roll: ...So any help would be fine ......Thanks again.....

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
The next thing to check is your wiring. Your CAN H, CAN L, and K-line wires MUST be connected properly for the BT module to respond to the diagnostic line. If it is not seeing the instrument cluster over CAN then it will not behave for you.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes i know i said tomorrow but with that faint bit of hope i just had to give it a go and yes it still doesnt work properly, i swapped the can wires all this did is disable the phone completely i then swapped them back and all i get back is the same limited functions,No phone book etc,etc and i am still unable to get into the telephone interface to recode....it's now getting on my nerves :evil:

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
With 512.4 I had to try sometimes several times before it connected to #77. You could try to remove the k-wire from the RNS-E while you are trying to connect, just to get a few as possible devices on the k-line. It's a timing issue that varies car, therefore it's hard to fix. But if you are certain that you have the k-line connected properly and that the phone interface is still brand new (coded 00000) you shoudlk eventually get connected.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well it's finaly working thanks to your last input about the K line ,,all is good with Audi and bluetooth ( except for the phone to computer but thats another story ) Many many thanks and if you happen to be in this part of the world ( you have to do bad things to be in Stoke on Trent , its the armpit of the world ) i will get the Beers in :D ....Now for the next mod self dimming rear mirror i think ???? :twisted:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts