Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the scenario...I have the European "C" RNS-E coded to US software and the 2006 US DVD.

I have added the Bluetooth intefacebox 8P0 862 335 G

The connection cable is provided by NavParts...

I am able to get the phone to connect to the bluetooth, and I am able to make calls, however my mikrophone seems to be inop and I have a little mute button on the bottom of the display.

I am not able to acess the bluetooth module via VAG-COM through block 77, I am using release 512.4-UD with a key-usb.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the mikrophone to work or how to get into block 77?

Here are the VAG-COm screenshots

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have gotten the mikrophone to work, the connections were swapped. Now I nedd to tackle getting the vag-com to communicate.

·
Registered
249 Posts
is that a genium Ross-Tech cable?

i had the same error message using the "other" style...

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
If this is an A4/S4 with lots of options, there might be too many devices on the first k-line. As a test, try to disconnect the k-wire from the RNS-E. Some reported that trying over an dover again worked, having the engine running to get enough volts may also help.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got it to work, borrowed a newer vag-com dongle and my mikrophone leads were swapped in the harness.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Everyone needs to do this, I have just troubleshot pretty much everything that can go wrong so feel free to hit me up if you need assistance.

·
Registered
114 Posts
When on a call I get a little speaker crossed out at the bottom of the Nav. What does that mean? Everything works, I just get that symbol.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
bfly said:
When on a call I get a little speaker crossed out at the bottom of the Nav. What does that mean? Everything works, I just get that symbol.
That should mean that audio is on mute while you are on the phone. IIRC you get the same mute symbol when you use the Euro 0330 software and press the volume button once.

·
Registered
114 Posts
AudiA4B6US said:
bfly said:
That should mean that audio is on mute while you are on the phone. IIRC you get the same mute symbol when you use the Euro 0330 software and press the volume button once.
Pressing the volume button turns off the Nav unit.

I wonder if it doesn't like the fact the dedicated carphone speaker is disconnected. In the B5 S4 there is a dedicated carphone speaker in the door. With the RNS-E I disconnected it because the Nav unit plays music through it as well.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The audio mute does only exist in Euro sw 0330 and higher. The RNS-E is not using a seperate speaker for the phone, assuming you have connected the phone interface to the TEL NF+/- pins on the RNS-E.

·
Registered
114 Posts
AudiA4B6US said:
The audio mute does only exist in Euro sw 0330 and higher. The RNS-E is not using a seperate speaker for the phone, assuming you have connected the phone interface to the TEL NF+/- pins on the RNS-E.
Here is a picture of the icon I am seeing while on a call. Everthing is working fine, except I have this icon.

[siteimg:e20492707c]552[/siteimg:e20492707c]

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Do you hear you r MP3, radio or CD while you are on the call? If not then it is because the audio source got muted and that's why you see the mute icon. And soon as you hang up, audio resumes and the mute icon disappears. Or do I understand you incorrectly?

·
Registered
114 Posts
AudiA4B6US said:
Do you hear you r MP3, radio or CD while you are on the call? If not then it is because the audio source got muted and that's why you see the mute icon. And soon as you hang up, audio resumes and the mute icon disappears. Or do I understand you incorrectly?
That makes sense. I just never saw that icon in anyone elses posts about the BT system. I wonder if I were to unplug the radio mute wire the icon would go away. The radio should mute the music via CAN anyway, the radio mute wire is redundant - isn't it?

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I'm pretty sure the mute wire is redundant.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
The MUTE wire should always be connected IMHO. I have had some troubles in the past with the "CAN mute" not working correctly. Since it is possible to hardwire the mute, why not go ahead and take advantage of that?

·
Registered
114 Posts
NSX JR said:
The MUTE wire should always be connected IMHO. I have had some troubles in the past with the "CAN mute" not working correctly. Since it is possible to hardwire the mute, why not go ahead and take advantage of that?
Am I the only one who gets this icon? I also think its odd the it just mutes as opposed to pausing the music.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I get that icon too, and I guess everybody with software US0110< or EU0330 does as well. I have never paid attention to whether or not the music pauses or simply mutes but I'm fine with how it is right now.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
If listening to the radio it will (and can) only mute the volume. If listening to the SD card, it will pause the playback.

·
Registered
114 Posts
NSX JR said:
If listening to the radio it will (and can) only mute the volume. If listening to the SD card, it will pause the playback.
This morning when it paired it appeared to only mute the SD card. There might have been a small delay prior to it pausing the track. I should check more carefully before making a blanket statement like that.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts