Audi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i cant get a backup of my standard 2005 euro dvd to work.
so far i have tried:

nero dvd copy with lite-on 1693s - came up as a firmware upgrade disk
make an iso image then write with nero - couldnt read at all
make an alcohol 120% image then write out using the lite-on - wont read
copied the files to the hd and tried to write an iso/udf disk - nero says a file is larger than 2gb so i cant use iso or iso/udf!

nero dvd copy with pioneer a08 - wont read at all

this is getting very frustrating

any suggestions that have worked for someone please...

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I assume you are using dual layer media, do you? If the backup copy is only detected as software update CD/DVD, this usually means that the RNS-E cannot read one or more of the larger KWI files. Or that the file system used on the backup is not compatible.

Verbatim media written at 2.4x usually works fine. If you create an image first and write this back to a new DL DVD, you should not see any issue. If this doesn't work you can only experiment with different disks or writers. There is nothing less a standard than DVD standards and some combinations may not work.

Godd luck.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
more copy failures using infiniti 4x rated dual layer dvd+r disks:

ultraiso on a pioneer a08 at 2.4x failed

nero udf 1.02 disk copying all the files via the hard disk failed

partial success:

alcohol 120% copy on pioneer a08 - recongnised as a navi disk but then read errors

·
Registered
515 Posts
i sucessfully made a back-up for myself using Nero 6.6 and verbatim media by creating an image of the original and then burning a new DL DVD from the image, but i had some trouble at first..

my 1st attempt with verbatim media was sketchy - some times it worked, sometimes it didnt.. so i tried memorex and my PC wouldnt even burn to it..

so after some digging around, i found new firmware for my dual layer burner.. after loading the new firmware to my drive both verbatim and memorex work flawlessly..

good luck..

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i tried verbatim media - partially works on a pioneer a08 and doesnt work at all on the liton, all with alcohol 120

i think i need to try another burner...

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I used ridisc DL +R disks

Sony DVD-RW 710A

Alcohol 120%

Burned 2005 disks without problems.

Craig

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
dunk said:
i think i need to try another burner...
It looks like we need a "sticky" section at the head of this forum listing DL burners, firmware versions and DL media that have been successful.

Anyone know how to set this up? :?:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts