Audi Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I've installed my rns-e and it works perfectly. I connected everything I was sent for the multimedia package I purchased from Proxus and nothing, the disk drive doesn't want to power up. I know I connected the ground to the proper screw and the red and yellow to the power terminal as per proxus's pics in the other thread. I checked the wires and they do have power, but the drive won't turn on. I might add that when I go to CD/TV I have the option of tv which leads me to belive the can wires are done properly...
Any suggestions would be appreciated, I really want this up and running by tomorrow night...

Thanks in advance
-Jon

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Did you try the basic troubleshooting, like connecting only 12V+ and ground and see if it turns on with the remote or power button. Maybe the player is DOA.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Of course, now, there was one burnt out fuse for some reason in the box that supplies power to the dvd player, but I've replaced it and still no go.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, so I had the board repaired and now ALMOST everything works, I have no control of the media player through the RNS-E which is very frustrating...
Everything is wired correctly, I even had a car audio shop double check it for me and they said everything was wired perfectly. Now what can I do to get this working???

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, silver plug from control cable need to be connected to DVD player. For some reason it is one-way cable.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, that made no difference what so ever, I tried connecting the silver end to the drive and to the multimedia box and both ways made no difference what so ever. Now what do I do?

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
J0n0001 said:
Ok, that made no difference what so ever, I tried connecting the silver end to the drive and to the multimedia box and both ways made no difference what so ever. Now what do I do?
did you try connect silver plug into Multimedia Interface box?
I know it is one way or another.

RNS-E control is limited to upper 2 buttons (next/previous track), big knob and upper and lower left buttons around the big knob.

Remote control is working as well even control cable is connected to Multimedia box

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.