Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just bought an RNS-E from Scott at Rival and the install is going crappy...i connect the black connector from the car to the black connector to the RNS_E now i only have sound in the back speakers and a buzzing coming from the front?? any help???

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Take a look at this page and then post what connector exactly you plugged in where, what kind of car you have and what options (Bose/non Bose, CD changer/iceLink, phone).

http://www.nsxjr.com/docs/RNStoSym2.pdf

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 2002 a4 w/ bose nothing else (no phone tv icelink ) i connected the from that site it seems i connected the one connector and the 3 connector..the one i got only has 3 connections looks like 1 3 and 4...so i connected one and 3...

does that help?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Connector I is for CAN and line-out, the pins 1-6, 7 and 12 should be used and connected to the car. Connector III is for power, Bose, alarm and diagnostics. The Bose pin 1 should be connected to ground, otherwise the RNS-E will use the internal amp to power the front speakers (that are not connected) and the Bose amp will not receive a line out signal for the front speakers. Did you verify the wiring based on this?

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Deffo seen this with a non BOSE harness, humming from front speakers and sound from rears.

Easy way to check, look at the 20 pin connector and see if all 6 pins for the amplifier are there. LF/RF/LR/RR/Gnd/Amp. I would say that LF/RF are missing.

Some BOSE leads have the sepaker wires, so thats not always a good test.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.