Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys my rnse let me down whilst lost ! :x so it looks like i need a new disk does anyone know how much a EURO OEM dvd is or if anyone is backing up any of this software 06 but would prefere 07 if posS

THANKS IN ADVANCE

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
PHSSLL said:
hi guys my rnse let me down whilst lost !
Please explain what you mean by "let me down whilst lost".

Do you mean it didn't know what you position was?
Do you mean it didn't show you a road that existed?

If you mean the first then that suggests a problem with your GPS antenna, but if you mean the second then what age DVD are you using? Most of the Audi maps are at least 2 years out of date, sometimes more (e.g. the 2006_1 DVD shows the Basingstoke Audi dealer in the place where it used to be, but it moved 5 years ago!).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"CD/DVD IS UNREADABLE PLEASE CHECK CD/DVD"

That is the message i get now and its the first time its happened and no amount of fiddling will change it doh!

i am going to try reburning the disc to see if its a dodgy burn wortha try i think

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Copied DVD's are often more unreliable when the temperature is both cold and hot (but usually OK in between).

The price of the OEM DVD depends greatly on the country you are in - there's a 2006_1 DVD on eBay at the moment at a sensible price, and some 2007 DVDs at ridiculous prices! Just type "+audi +2007" into the search engine (the 2006_1 is incorrectly listed as a 2007 disc!).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts