Audi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the (*@#(*&#@ is this? I've never seen it before. It was working fine on Sunday (last time I drove the car).

I unlocked my door and go in and thats the first thing I saw. It was in yellow and there is Japanese writing above it.

It won't even get to the Disclaimer or anything that looks familiar. As soon as the car is on, that error shows up.

I have a B6, and it is a US RNS-E unit I put in (since last spring). I have an original 04/05 DVD map... but have been running a copied 05/06 DVD map for the past few months with no issues.

I tried to put back the original 04/05 DVD... no luck.
I have removed the SD card... no luck.
I've tried rebooting/resetting it... no luck

The only buttons that seem to do anything is either:
1)Holding down the power button to get it to reset (error just comes back)

2) LCD Flip Down button

Someone please help me out... this is very frustrating to see
:(

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
We had this once before and there is a picture in the album showing such a message:
[siteimg:26b71c0eed]525[/siteimg:26b71c0eed]

Search for 525, there are a few posts referring to this picture, maybe one of the ideas there works for you as well.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

I read the post where that pic came from. I'm letting the unit "shutdown" at the moment... hoping that will fix it.

It seems like the only way people successfully got rid of this error was either:

Letting the firmware update on the original disc. I tried using my original disc with no luck, as well as the new 2006 DVD (which updated fine a few months ago).

Or disconnecting the power. I don't have radio keys... will disconnecting the battery suffice as well? Will all my VAG codes still be saved?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
There is one fuse in the fuse box for the radio. Pull that fuse and check whether or not the navi still turns on. Your settings should not be lost. If you have a VAG-COM you could also try to connect to it and see if there are any error shown.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went back and powered it in... still got the error.

I popped out the fuse and put it back... turned it on..

Thank JEEEEEEEEBUS! It works!

Wonder why it tripped out like that in the first place... as mine is a US unit.

Oh well, thanks for the help!

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Glad it worked. Don't forget, it's just a computer and they all need some rest once in a while :lol:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went back and powered it in... still got the error.

I popped out the fuse and put it back... turned it on..

Thank JEEEEEEEEBUS! It works!

Wonder why it tripped out like that in the first place... as mine is a US unit.

Oh well, thanks for the help!
Hello, I'm am having this error right now. Are you talking about a fuse behind the stereo or a fuse else where. I am panicking with this bull. I cant believe this is not going away. Please help!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts