Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Im in the process of selling my 2002 Audi A4 which i have fitted with RNS-E and also DVD player for connex, everything has been working fine thanks to help i got from this site, now my new car is aslo and A4 but it is a 2005 B7 model that has Symphony 2 headunit, im taking may RNS-E out of my old car to fit to my new one here is my questions
1.will the loom from my old car do for my new one, the new car also has sysmphony 2 unit and multifunctional steering wheel???so im wondering will i need a new loom etc etc
2.will i have to get the car recoded on VAG to get info on my DIS from my nav unit.

As always im greatful for any help
Dec

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
No new loom required, it should be a straight swap if the car audio ssystems are the same. IE both BOSE or both Non BOSE. If you move an RNS-E from a car with BOSE to a Non BOSE or vice versa, then you would need a new loom.

If not...

Just recode the car to accept the new RNS-E and recode the RNS-E for the MFSW.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Craig,
Thanks for that, by any chance would you know the VAG code for changeing the RNS-E for Mfsw??also (i have been told this before .( )what is the code for getting the nav info up on my DIS for the B7 Model,thanks again
Dec

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
If you have the latest VAG, when you do the coding it tells you what to change, but all the coding is on this site if you care to search. That's how I found it yesterday for an A6

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
For the FIS, check #17 channel 62 and add +4 to whatever value is stored there. On the RNS-E check #56 and change the soft coding to match what's installed in the car:

0xxxxx?: Options II

1 - none
2 - TV-Tuner
3 - CD-changer
4 - TV-Tuner and CD-changer
5 - Multifunction Steering Wheel
6 - TV-Tuner and Multifunction Steering Wheel
7 - CD-changer and Multifunction Steering Wheel
8 - TV-Tuner, CD-changer and Multifunction Steering Wheel

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you very much for that info, dont have VAG myself but i know a man who does .))
Thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts