Audi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gang,

I need some help. I have a customer about to do an installation on a 2005 S4 Audi Symphony w/Bose and the US factory nav (you know the one with the FIS only function)

Question is what special tricks should he know for his installation. I am pretty sure on the A6's with this system it is simple as disconnecting the power to the Nav unit (remove power/data cable at the rear of the nav drive in the trunk? )

Can anyone verify what they did or what they think they will need to do.

TIA,

Steve

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
If you disconnect power only you should be fine. If you unplug the CAN wires you should remove them completely because leaving such a long bus unterminated may cause some errors on the bus.

If the car has OnStar you should bridge the phone wires in the back and change the pins in the front to connect to the phone pins of the RNS-E.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you.....Steve

AudiA4B6US said:
If you disconnect power only you should be fine. If you unplug the CAN wires you should remove them completely because leaving such a long bus unterminated may cause some errors on the bus.

If the car has OnStar you should bridge the phone wires in the back and change the pins in the front to connect to the phone pins of the RNS-E.
[/b]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts