Audi Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
just a quick one posting from ireland and need a little help,fitted a nav plus unit to my 2002(B6)A4 recently and all seems to be fine,one small prob the unit does not turn off automatically when the key is removed,did the install with my friend and we thought we did everything right so if somebody could help me out and tell me a connector or pin number it would be great or give me some info to resolve the prob
Thanks very much,
Dec

·
Registered
82 Posts
you have not connected the s-contact signal!!!i do not know which is the right pin for your car!!!although you can take this signal from the fuse box!!!to find out the right fuse just check the sticker at the fuse box cover!!! :p

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
s3225hp said:
you have not connected the s-contact signal!!!i do not know which is the right pin for your car!!!although you can take this signal from the fuse box!!!to find out the right fuse just check the sticker at the fuse box cover!!! :p
Hi,
Thanks very much for that info i will try and locate the s-contact,does this mean that i have physically left a connector wire out?as i doubled checked to see and all connection(i think)are made i will however remove the unit again to check it out,and again thanks for taking the time to post a reply to my question,
Best wishes
Dec

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
s3225hp said:
probably you connect wrong the s-conact cable!!!
this is likely knowing me hahaha again il check,is there any link to pics of the s-contact fitting???
Dec

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
vanduara37 said:
Which adapter cable did you use sounds like you haven,t connected 12v switch wire(red/grey usually) to fuse box.

John
Hi John,
Thanks aslo for your help,forgive me here but bought the nav unit from ebay and it came with no fitting instructions,i purchased a nav unit,i got a gps cable,and a loom,and that is it,i wouldnt be the brightest spark when it comers to car electronics so any help is greatly appreciated,also on the cable i got with the unit,there was a wire with a red switch on the end of it,what is its function does anyone know,my friend is coming over later to sort out the not switching off when key is removed problem later so il post to let you guys know,but the wire with the red switch is mystery as it does seem to have any fucntion???my car does not have the TMC unit fitted as we dont have that here(TMC)in Ireland,
again thanks
Dec

·
Registered
84 Posts
Dec
is the red switch push button ,if so sounds like the switch that allows you to watch tv/dvd while the car is moving ,.there is a safety device with Audi that would stop tv/dvd playing at over 5mph this red button just overrides this.

John

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
vanduara37 said:
Dec
is the red switch push button ,if so sounds like the switch that allows you to watch tv/dvd while the car is moving ,.there is a safety device with Audi that would stop tv/dvd playing at over 5mph this red button just overrides this.

John
Hi John,
Yes John it is a push button switch and thanks for that as was a little worried about the fact there didnt seem to be any functionality for it,i dont have TV or anything so that explains that to me,just spoke to my friend who is helping me with the fitting and he feels he can correct the prob with the not turning off from ignition so thanks to both of you for the help,another question,my car had the audi symphony 6 cd front loader/tape deck which is now removed as i put in the sat nav unit,i have ordered the 6 cd glove box cd changer(C Revision)now my questions is this,at the moent i have a sony nw HDD 3(atrac/mp3 walkman)connected into the sat nav unit and it works fine when i select cd function on the nav unit,but when i fit the glovebox changer will i still be able to use the sony hdd 3,my friend says i wont as the sony hdd is connected into the slot for the 6 cd glovebox player,so he reckons its either the cd player or the hdd but not both as there is not enough slots on then back on the nav unit,is there a way around this,i had the sony hdd connected into the the symphony unit and it worked fine and i also had the option of cd aswell as tape deck and mp3/atrac through the sony unit,but he reckons if i connect up the glovebox cd player il lose the functionality of the hdd/mp3 player,is there a way around this,
Dec
ps.thanks for the help,im learning slowly but surely lol

·
Registered
84 Posts
Dec

I think your friend maybe right its either one or the other and don,t know of anyway round this,if there is some of the experts on this forum would have replied to you,i was in the same boat as yourself didn,t know much about all this but searching this forum you will get most of the answers.

John

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
vanduara37 said:
Dec

I think your friend maybe right its either one or the other and don,t know of anyway round this,if there is some of the experts on this forum would have replied to you,i was in the same boat as yourself didn,t know much about all this but searching this forum you will get most of the answers.

John
Nice 1 John,yes im a little embarrised myself coz in reality i havent a clue but my audi looks cool and is working fine so that the important thing,yes i think i lose the cd player as all my music is on the sony hdd and the sound quality is cool,i would have thought there would be a way of connecting into the front loading 6 cd changer but it doesnt look like thats possible,he said he will try and wire something to see,i can go for a boot loader dvd/mp3 player and do it that way but il see and il post here when he trys to fit it,btw just out of curiousity,would you know where i would get the cable for the front loader(glove box c revision),again i bought from ebay and there is no cable with it,i need the cable that would go from it to the sat nav unit,again john thanks for you help and thoughts,
Regards
Dec

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
vanduara37 said:
Dec
Try this mob www.vagparts.com i know they sell the glovebox changer not sure if they sell the cable,it might be a dealer part (bend over please sir).

John
hahahaha.yes i mailed VAG already,the dealers in dublin are shxts,they wont deal with you unless you buy from them john,thats life,i wanted to buy the nav plus from them until i heard the price 2345 euro plus vat and 300 to fit,hahaha,i got it for 450 off ebay,my irish road map cd arrives friday so that will be the real test,only got the uk one so its not good to me,again i contacted audi dealer here for tavelpilot dx uk/irish road map cd,300 euro they wanted,robbers
Dec

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
Dec said:
my irish road map cd arrives friday so that will be the real test,only got the uk one so its not good to me,again i contacted audi dealer here for tavelpilot dx uk/irish road map cd,300 euro they wanted,robbers
Dec
Try the TeleAtlas website http://www.navshop.com you'll find all the European CDs for the Audi CD Navigation Plus listed there - at between €100-€250.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts