Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have aVIM unlocked RNS-E that I recently installed with a DVD player. Everything works pretty well when the car is still. When I begin to move the video cuts out with the warning message appearing.

Does anyone have any tips from troublesheeting this? The seller says he is certain the unit is unlocked for VIM.

thans,
Sean

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Check the value of the speed cut off with VAG, Adaptation channel 5, it should be 250

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Some software updates reset the value in #37 channel 05 to 0 or 1, some other software versions even remove the VIM unlock so that channel 05 cannot be changed anymore to values greater than 1.

Connect with a VAG-COM to #37 channel 05 and make sure that the stored value is set to 250. If it's set to 0 or 1, try changing the value back to 250. You may need to backspace delete the 0 or 1 and then enter 250 followed by a click on Test and Save. If you cannot Test any value greater than 1 then your RNS-E is not or no longer VIM unlocked.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brilliant!

That solved it perfectly. If only my seller included simple documentation with his units I would have saved many hours of searching and posting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts