Audi Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Audi dealer has had my '02 A4 for 3 days on the nav-plus install. Finally everything seems to be hooked up correctly but they can't get the CD to eject. it's not the map disc but a disc that the seller sent along with it w/ upgrade files.

Can anyone help asap?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I have read about people succesfully opening the top cover and turning the little wheel which ejects the CD. Has the software update completed or even started?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no clue but just got an email from the dealer saying they finally ejected the disc.

So much for a plug/play easy install

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the disc successfully/finally ejected and the system is now alive. Unfortunately, my Touareg d-navi discs don't work so I need to order from navtech (unless someone has disc 8 they want to sell).

The dealer has an older disc they tested + said it works fine.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sounds strange to me. No US disk will work with out being modified first. If you have a D Nav system then buying another disk is going to give you the same result as your current D NAV disk.

David

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
New problem w/ install

Ok, i finally have the car. When i turn off the ignition, the radio/nav system stays on. I have to press the "power" button to turn off. Any ideas on how to fix?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Teddy- question for you

I reviewed your well written/detailed quirks section. I noticed you said the touareg discs work in the nav-plus. I have a touareg w/ the cd-based nav system but those disc don't work in my navi plus for my 02 A4 (B6). Any thoughts?

·
Registered
69 Posts
You'll need to check your switched 12 volt wire on the unit. It is located on the black plug number III.

I uploaded a picture of the plug in the CD NAV album section for you to take a look at. It's possible when they swapped the unit in the line wasn't hooked up correctly. Someone else did report this problem and just ran a new switched wire. I would check your original wiring before doing that though.

David

·
Registered
69 Posts
As stated earlier a factory disk can't just be loaded into the Unit. You have to make a backup of the disk with altered configuration files. Once the disk is placed in the NAV unit it will load the new setup files and most likely reject the disk just after that. You then remove the back up and put in the original and your all set.

Seems like a bit of a task but it's really not bad. Email me off list and I'll send you the instructions.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Re: New problem w/ install

jjacob2 said:
Ok, i finally have the car. When i turn off the ignition, the radio/nav system stays on. I have to press the "power" button to turn off. Any ideas on how to fix?
Did you run an ignition wire source from behind the cluster?

Did you read this site thoroughly?
http://www.nav-plus.com/instructions/a4b6.html

good luck!
-ted

·
Registered
996 Posts
jjacob2 said:
that is odd...so much for "plug + play"

i emailed you offline for detailed help
jacob...drop me an email..and I might be able to help with you mapdisk issue.

Yes...you need to insert a modified mapdisk first...before you insert a non-modified disk (of the same Navteq release date).

-ted

1 - 13 of 13 Posts