Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have a rsn - e nav in my B6 S4. I have had it for about 9 months, love it, but i rarely use the NAV part, so I bought a 6 disc glovebox changer online. My first problem was that it didn't fit, so I had a friend do some custom work on it and cut a hole in the back of the glovebox to make room. My problem now is connecting the two.... I got a harness from the dealership but the end that is supposed to go into the nav doesn't fit. There are 9 loose pins/wires and 3 plastic pieces that fit together like a puzzle, blue/green./yellow. I think I need one that just has one plastic blue piece for them to go in...Here are the part numbers of what i got:

RSN-E : 8EO 035 192C
Changer: 8EO 035 111D
Harness: 8EO 051 592

SOrry for the long post but I am somewhat of a newbie and I need some help if anyone can help out....

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
If you send me the cable, I can alter it to fit into your RNS-E plug. The plug you got was for the symphony radio.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would you put the pins into a different connector? I ask b/c the pins are not in a connecter yet.. So If you have the right connecter, maybe I could just buy it off you and wire them in myself... Or is it more complicated then that?

·
Registered
996 Posts
Cameron,
Your B6 will be wired for OEM xm/sirius in the trunk...so you have 3 slots/pins populated.

You might want to consider running a set of three wires to the trunk so you can leverage the audio pass through. Estentially, setting it up so both XM/Sirius can work in conjunction with the glovebox changer.

Your call. Either way, Lee can hook you up. Pun...intended. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I think I follow u Teddy B, but honestly I really don't even need the XM, I cancelled my sub this last april. What I am aiming for is to be able to listen to a cd and see my nav at the same time. It was such a pain in the ass to get the changer fitted properly in the glovebox and for it to come down to a wire not fitting properly was a bummer. But from what I am hearing, all I need is the right plastic connector to put the 9 pins in and that will plug into the back of the rsn-e??? Am I wrong?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts