Audi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if I should post this under RNS-E or VAG-COM ???

Any how, I’ve just managed to successfully use VAG-COM for the first time today !

I have a 2005 B6 A4 Cab Auto + MFSW and I have added an RNS-E + BT + TV and I have made the following changes but with a couple of unexpected results.

16 – MFSW, was 02111, I changed it to 04111, but then put it back to 02111 as I lost CD/SD functionality of some of the buttons. I thought I would just be able to use the buttons with more items, rather than just reallocating them to other modules ? :?:

17 – Instruments, I added 4 to my instruments Ch 62 making them = 21 although I was not sure whether to add an extra 2 for the BT Phone Module ? :?:

37 – Navigation, was 0309215 and I changed it to = 0403718 but I am getting 2 errors to say that the Front L & R Speakers are both O/C ? but clearly they are not as I can hear music etc from them ?

Ch 001 – Tyres, was 1965 changes to 1964 = 235.17.45
Ch 002 – GALA Car, left on 45 – A4 >2004
Ch 003 – Language, left on 1 – English UK
Ch 005 – TV in motion, tried to set to 250 but it would not accept it, left on 1 ? :?:
Ch 007 – UNITS, I left the miles & date set to 0
Ch 008 to Ch 135 - I did not touch.
Ch 136 – LHD/RHD, was 03226 now set to 02632 – RHD (EU)

77 – BT Phone Module, was 0000111 – tried to change it to 0000882 but it just stayed unchanged, also tried 0000582 but it would not accept that either. There were several errors in the log which I was able to clear with the exception of one error saying that the Mic is O/C but that is to be expected as I haven’t connected it yet.

:?: *** BUT WHY CAN’T I PROGRAMME THE BT MODULE ? :?:

:?: Are then any other things I should check, change or try ? :?:

Many thanks for any comments.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
16 - the change in coding will replace the bottom "disc change" buttons on the MFSW with telephone functions. I'd say the phone functions are much more useful than disc change buttons. The track change buttons will work for CD/MP3/radio when in audio mode, but will also work to scroll through your contacts when in telephone mode. Of course, this is only possible if you actually use the 04111 code so that your bottom buttons are used for phone functions.

17 - you need to add 2 more to show phone info in the DIS.

37 - I think you need 0413718 since you have a cabriolet. This should fix your front speaker fault code.

CH 005 - you can't code 250 for video in motion. You have to send it to someone with a special re-programming tool to get this to work.

77 - The code 0000882 is not acceptable and that's why it wont accept it. For your setup, you need to code it 0010822 for UK english and to enable the MFSW and "high" functions via the RNS-E.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers NSX JR

I will give your suuggestions a try first thing in the morning, it's dark and wet out there now.

Regards, Dave.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mmmm, I still have some problems,

I can't program my BT #77 to 0010822, the closest I can get is 0000822 (was 0000111) although I was able to change my passkey from 1234 which I thought I read somewhere could not be done. :!:

I reprogrammed my rns-e #37 to 0413718 and that has got rid of the front speaker error I kept getting.

On MFSW #16 I changed that to 04111 and now pressing the bottom right button on the wheel it asked me to speak a command :!: :idea: :!:
while the left button asked me to connect my phone :?:

I though speach input was only available on the very latest units ???

But now if I select Tel on the rns-e it says no phone connected :?:

Also I could not change ch 136 from 3226 to 2632 (rhd eu) but I was able to input 0013 (rhd us) :?: what's that all about :?:

I'm fairly new to all this and now I am getting seriously confused :?: :?: :?:

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
What's the part number of the phone interface?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi,

The pat No. is 8P0 862 335 with no letter, built 25.03.2003

I know it's an older one and I might not get phone book access, but I bought it before I fully researched the various options.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
00822 is all you can get with that interface, no integration with the RNS-E regardless of coding.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So, if I understand you correctly, you saying that the rns-e won't recognise it at all ?

so how does it work then, how do you link it to a phone ???

how do you even answer a call ?

Is there is a link to anywhere the explains the different features of each variation of module and where is the best / cheapest place to get the latest version (UK)

I have asked this in the adapters section ! but if the are any other codes I can try....

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Dave.G6HNI said:
So, if I understand you correctly, you saying that the rns-e won't recognise it at all ?

so how does it work then, how do you link it to a phone ???

how do you even answer a call ?

Is there is a link to anywhere the explains the different features of each variation of module and where is the best / cheapest place to get the latest version (UK)

I have asked this in the adapters section ! but if the are any other codes I can try....
I've answered in the Adapters section.

You've been sold the wrong module. It only supports basic functionality, i.e. it will work with an MFSW but won't integrate with the RNS-E.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
And it doesn't have bluetooth

1 - 10 of 10 Posts