Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
There is no RNS-E for the B5, therefor it will never be plug and play. check out the stories from the B5 guys here, most will be the same even if the RNS-D is factory installed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I actually did a swap from symphony I to RNS-D to RNS-E for my B5 S4. The process is pretty simply. All you have to do is make sure the plug-n-play adapter you get is correct. TeddyB can make a custom harness for you if you're afraid to mod the adapter yourself. Steve Z1 is the guy that I got my unit from and his RNS-E package is ready to go. I did not have to mod anything. In additional to the package, you might want to pick up the cangate from bjarne to correct the clock problem on our B5 and C5. It worked wonder. Hope that helped.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nice th anks

are you in San Jose / Bay area?

i am cruious as i am concern the cd map will get out of date very soon :(

unfortunally my harness is all custom hack (instead of the clean bridge adapter that Teddy make.. he should remember me :) )

i wonder if there is a adapter from Rns-D to RNs-E :) that will be nice :)

i guess i should shoot Teddy a email too :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes I am in San Jose/Bay area.

I'm sure we can get updated maps when it is available.

As for your harness. I'm sure TeddyB can make a new harness for you. You should shoot him an email. If you need help or just want to check out how it look like in a B5, let me know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts