Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. Newbie here.

Having owned Audis before I am looking forward to getting my new A4 Cab shortly. I have a question.

My company have a seperate company that install our hands free phone kits and we are supplied with a kit to install.

This is a Bury Technologies hands free kit with a small speaker and control; unit and mic. Can this be installed into the RNSE unit so I can take advantage of the Audi features? Will they need any special equipment? or am I stuck with a crappy speaker and no integration?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
You should be able to get your kit to mute the RNS-E (if it uses ground as mute signal) and you may be able to use the RNS-E as speaker (if the kit has a line level out) but that's the most you can get with any non-OEM kit.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
BHAFan said:
This is a Bury Technologies hands free kit with a small speaker and control; unit and mic. Can this be installed into the RNSE unit so I can take advantage of the Audi features? Will they need any special equipment? or am I stuck with a crappy speaker and no integration?
With any third-party kit the absolute best you can get is for the radio to mute, and the audio to come out of the integrated speakers.

If you want full integration with your RNS-E then throw that kit in the trash and get an OE Bluetooth upgrade kit (look in the For Sale forum, there are sellers in the UK and EU). It only takes an hour to fit (I've done it twice) and works better than the factory install (no pointless cradle!).

·
Registered
70 Posts
AudiA4B6US said:
You should be able to get your kit to mute the RNS-E (if it uses ground as mute signal) and you may be able to use the RNS-E as speaker (if the kit has a line level out) but that's the most you can get with any non-OEM kit.
AudiA4B6US, I know your knowledge of the RNS-E far outstrips mine, but are you sure the RNS-E accepts a line level input? I'm pretty sure the RNS-E accepts a speaker level input for 3rd party handsfree kits. My Parrot CK3000 definitely provides speaker level output (its harness is designed to work inline with a standard ISO speaker connector) ands it works perfectly with my RNS-E.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I never tried a speaker level signal but the label for the phone audio says NF which is "Niederfrequenz" and means line level if I'm not mistaken. Maybe it's flexible enough to accept both, I don't know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts