Audi Forum banner

HELP!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up everyone in this form! I am so happy to have found you guys!!
I just received my 2007 fully loaded A3 Sline Sportback fully-loaded ! I have US spec's and I am station in Germany! CAN I USE A GERMAN DVD
NAVI DISCS IN MY CAR???? CAN I JUST GO DOWN TO THE GERMAN DEALER AND POP IT IN!!!!?? I HAVE THE NAVI-PLUS -RNS-E!! IF SO
I AM ON MY WAY TO THE DEALER NOW! AND WHY IS IT SO MUCH CONFUSION OVER THIS SUBJECT! CAN ONE OF YOU AUDI HEROS PLEASE ANSWER THIS! THIS IS THE MOST AWSOME CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED! I USED THE HAVE A 5sreies BMW!! BUT LET ME TELL YOU GUYS WHO ARE IN THE STATES SOMETHING!!! bROTHERS THE ONLY THING I
NEED IS WINGS!!! YEPPIEEEEEE!! IT IS NOTHING LIKE GOING DOWN THE AOTUBAHN AND WATCHING THE PEOPLE MOVE OUT OF YOUR WAY!! THE A3
SPORTBACK WITH THE S-LINE FRONT GRILL AND FULLY LOADED IS OFF THE HOOK!! I AM ON MY WAY TO THE AUTOBAHN NOW!!! BA! :roll:

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Take a bit of time to do some searching here and you will find that it has been discussed MANY times that you CANNOT use a US disc in an EU RNS-E and vice-versa - UNLESS you do some trickery (making a special edited update CD and changing the value in an adaptation channel).

You will have to go through this process to use your US RNS-E in Germany, and again in reverse when you bring your car back to the US.

Your dealer in Germany will tell you that you have to buy a complete new RNS-E - he's not correct.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.