Audi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
\\:D/Hello all ,after many requests i put together some guide & photos of my memory & comfort seat retrofit on my Audi A4 ALL ROAD.
ENJOY
ARIS
GREECE

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Good work and well written. Congrats on your new arrival. Mine is 7 months old now and they are the best thing that ever happens in your life so enjoy every moment with them.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good work and well written. Congrats on your new arrival. Mine is 7 months old now and they are the best thing that ever happens in your life so enjoy every moment with them.
I will ,it is a great feeling .Cheers
ARI

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can you share with us how much did you pay for the seats (used ?). I have non electric standard seats and I don't find them to be very comfortable so I'm thinking about swapping with the comfort ones. Since I have mono-zone climate I think I will not be able to use the heating/ventilation function but it would be enough to have electric movement; do you think is possible?
I've never tested an A4 with climate-comfort seats, are they "softer" and really more comfortable?

Thank you

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i got the seats demo for 950 euros comlete with rear seats as well.electric move will be easy ,because there is lumber support in your seats all ready so take power from there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i got the seats demo for 950 euros comlete with rear seats as well.electric move will be easy ,because there is lumber support in your seats all ready so take power from there.
WOW, what a bargain! I'm 'monitoring' ebay.de but I can only find "traditional" leather seats for a price in 1000-1500 (used seats).
My car don't have lumbar support either, do you think I'll be able to find a suitable power source 'near' the seats?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WOW, what a bargain! I'm 'monitoring' ebay.de but I can only find "traditional" leather seats for a price in 1000-1500 (used seats).
My car don't have lumbar support either, do you think I'll be able to find a suitable power source 'near' the seats?
i rutther take a power line from the fuse box on the driver side next to the door and run it under the seat (carpet and in to the red plug of the seat.You dont have to lift carpet all the way just from the side by the door you can run the wire under the seat.also you could get your comfort seats to work maybe you want adjust the temerature separate but it will work.studie the ELSA system.
i have my original seats leather grey light ,electric sport line from my all road a4 2010 and they are allmost new ,if you need seats let me know
ARI

·
Registered
171 Posts
This looks nice. I will try this soon to :)
I have keyless and a start/stop button so I think I got some modules atleast. but need to change the seat to a electric seat and the memory function in the door.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i had keyless snd stsrt/stop s well ,doesnt help on the seats mod.Try to get the electric seats with mem controler all ready installed under the seat.clima will be bonus...i had the task of converting my drivers clima seat to memory and clima!! big job :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello!

Thanks for useful guide to retrofitting the seat memory. I've got an A5 coupe with 3L5 option (i.e. power front seats with no memory) and 8T0 959 760 C seat controllers already installed (same in memory (3L4) / no memory (3L5) configs, according to ETKA).

Am I getting everything right that in my case I only need to change the driver's door panel to start enjoying seat memory? Do I have to change any harnesses to install the door buttons?

Your kind advice is highly appreciated!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i heard that in a5 the memory controler is allready installed under the seat .chk in your key function if you can activate drivers memory ,there is a forum on it .if the mem is working via your key memory function then all you have to do is fins a trim door panel with the memory buttons.It will be much more difficult to make the cables for the memory buttons only ,plus you will need to cut the trim to fit the mem buttons.
Have you located the controler under the seat?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Two modules present and responding via VCDS. ETKA also reports there is a single harness type for all cars with electric seats. Looks like only door disassembly may show if harness is okay.

Do you know if any extra coding memory is required after adding buttons?

Yep - memory keys are working.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you have MMI 3G ?with vag com you might need to chk the coding options and activate them.since you have the mem controlers on board and there are linked to your system then the connection of the mem buttons should work without coding.Mmi will need coding for extra options i guess.Buy the buttons and make the connection plug to the harness and do a test function to see if you have control over the memory functions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
No MMI - just Concert radio. My VAG-COM 10.6 software contains no labels for Driver Seat Memory module (J136) but some time ago I've managed to activate the seat memory with key fobs (i.e. setup 1 with fob 1 and setup 2 with fob 2), using info from various forums.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i have to chk elsa and will come back to you.
cheers

·
Registered
171 Posts
Anyone knows a good place to get Electric seats with memory? I have tried to watch on Ebay for very long time now but no luck yet.. Often they want to sell everything like seats, back seat, doorpanels etc.
I just need driver seat :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
you can get the seats from german bay,i got mine (climatic) from them and i converted my drivers to memory seat.I have the original gray leather sport electric seats that come with my A4 all road if you are interested.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I need black electric seats =) today I got Alcantra black seats and would be nice have the same.. else I have to change it all :) Then S4 red and black would be nice :p hehe

and u mean german ebay? right? Iam on there everyday and update!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 23 Posts