Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I installed the RNS-E into my 06' A4 and have a few problems.

1. It does not pick up and satellites (replacing the GPS attenna in a few days...but what is weird is that it gives the longitude/latitude for my car below where it say Satellites: 0).

2. How do I get the direction arrows to display on my DIS. (I have the tech package so it is the color module).

3. Do most people get good reception when they mount the GPS behind instrument cluster? I have the sharkfin attenna, just havent decided if I want to rip open my interior and run adapter wire throughout.

If there are any details, such as stuff from engineering mode, that will help me or you fix the above problems, let me know and I can post it.

Thanks Alot

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
I believe we spoke on the phone ;)

1. Check sat reception with new GPS antenna. I know you drove for a while and sat staus wasn't updated. It should be so mostlikely it is connection problem or faulty antenna.

2. You need to modify code for your instrument cluster with VAG.

STG 17 (Instrument cluster) -> Adaptation -> Function 10 -> Channel 62
+01 - Radio
+02 - Telefon
+04 - Navigation
+08 - Telematics
+16 - Instrument Cluster

To add navigation, add +4 to the current value.

3. Usual reception behind the cluster is not lower than 4 sats.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How easy is it to get access to a VAG? Can a local dealer do it? If I get a cable, what software do I need to sset everything up.

PROXUS said:
I believe we spoke on the phone ;)

1. Check sat reception with new GPS antenna. I know you drove for a while and sat staus wasn't updated. It should be so mostlikely it is connection problem or faulty antenna.

2. You need to modify code for your instrument cluster with VAG.

STG 17 (Instrument cluster) -> Adaptation -> Function 10 -> Channel 62
+01 - Radio
+02 - Telefon
+04 - Navigation
+08 - Telematics
+16 - Instrument Cluster

To add navigation, add +4 to the current value.

3. Usual reception behind the cluster is not lower than 4 sats.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heres what is says in engineering mode:

GPS Heading:
GPS Speed:
GPS Altitiude:
GPS POOP:
GPS Almanac: 255 days
GPS time/date: 2000/01/01/ 19:57:35
Kombi time/dateL 2006/09/40 23:50:22

REV
SPD--Pulse Count 4318 Pulses
--Speed 135 mph (note I was only going 80mph)
216 km/h
Sensor Signal - Gyro Voltage 1.508 V
Relative Bearing 2.0 degrees
Nav. State - Coord. (lat)42.15.45(long)083.25.47
on/off road = ON
bearing = -97.0 degrees

Anything help?
)

·
Registered
142 Posts
vshasta21 said:
So I installed the RNS-E into my 06' A4 and have a few problems.

1. It does not pick up and satellites (replacing the GPS attenna in a few days...but what is weird is that it gives the longitude/latitude for my car below where it say Satellites: 0).

2. How do I get the direction arrows to display on my DIS. (I have the tech package so it is the color module).

3. Do most people get good reception when they mount the GPS behind instrument cluster? I have the sharkfin attenna, just havent decided if I want to rip open my interior and run adapter wire throughout.

If there are any details, such as stuff from engineering mode, that will help me or you fix the above problems, let me know and I can post it.

Thanks Alot
What version is your RNS-E software? When I updated my Nav with Map DVD 2A my gps acted up showing 0 Signals

·
Registered
142 Posts
vshasta21 said:
How would I figure that out? All it says it US DVD Map 2006.

Let me know...
Is your disc original or copied? did you have a US DVD Map 2005 and you updated to MAP 2006?

Try going back to old firmware on your NAV. I'm 100% is the firmware software that is causing it.

I had the same problem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
msharifi said:
vshasta21 said:
How would I figure that out? All it says it US DVD Map 2006.

Let me know...
Is your disc original or copied? did you have a US DVD Map 2005 and you updated to MAP 2006?

Try going back to old firmware on your NAV. I'm 100% is the firmware software that is causing it.

I had the same problem.
I dont have the US Map 2005, only the 2006 edition. This is rediculous, how can audi release this DVD and not have it working? I have SW 0110 installed. Anyone have a 2005 disc they can burn for me? What will I need to do to downgrade the software?

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
I don't think it is firmware related. Not to mention that if you go to any previous firmware 0020 or 0040 you will loose Bluetooth functionality because it was introduced with 0110.

I would try new antenna first if you have it on order.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I had ordered a new GPS antenna and it was same results. But true he should try that but I think its the firmware.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
msharifi said:
I had ordered a new GPS antenna and it was same results. But true he should try that but I think its the firmware.
I should be getting the new GPS antenna soon, so I will let everyone know. Is anyone currently running the US Map 2006 2A and have everything working? If so, then it must be a atenna problem, otherwise I will have to contact my seller to see if he has a different disc.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I have no problems whatsoever with my RNS-E, using the 2A DVD and either the under dash GPS or OEM GPS.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Mine is just fine and I have installed many of these all with the newest DVD which also work fine. I doubt that the firmware upgrade would create a GPS problem...until I see it happen in person.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I sent my unit to the seller and gave me another Brand new Unit and I havent used the 2A disc which I dont want to do until the 3A or so is out.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.