Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that there are GPS extension cords with a female/female FAKRA plug to connect to the RNS-E and to the OEM GPS antenna but are there female/male extension cords as well? I'm thinking of extending the GPS from the OnStar harness that ends under the passenger seat but IIRC it's a female plug that went into the OnStar box. What I would need is a male to female extension, probably 2m/6 feet or so. Does anybody have a source and / or part number for this? Or are there connectors that allow you to connect two female plugs together?

Thanks,
Dirk

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I'm not sure about a Male/Female cable, but you could get a short female/female cable, then get the audi male/male cable (000 098 692) to change one female end to a male end. The male/male cable is 300mm long. So, you could add this to a 5' female/female cable (000 098 652A) to get the 6' length.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, I didn't know that there was an OEM male/male cable cable. I guess I will go that route.

Thanks,
Dirk

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is an SMB to Fakra cable, it won't fit right.

Based on what NSX Jr wrote, 000 098 650 should be a 300mm female/female Fakra cable and 000 098 692 is a 300mm male/male Fakra cable. Together you will get a 600mm or a little more than 2' female/male cable to extend the OnStar GPS to the RNS-E.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just so I understand...we need a Farka male to Farka female extender cable? It looks like the cable I have dangling by the OnStar would plug directly into the RNS-E. Correct?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
That's correct, and the problem is that Audi does not have an OEM male/female cable... that is why you need the female/female and male/male cables to connect together to make an extension cable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts