Audi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I got a new nav and it's being shipped my question is

1) he sent me a non-bose wiring harness supposedly?

is there a difference in the wiring harness? (I thought it was the adaptor) and if so will the non boose adaptor // harness work

2) does anyone have pictures of what a kit for a bose system should look like? (all wires and stuff)

3) It is a C version flashed to F (Euro to US)

4) Is this BT enabled? I want to be able to use my motorola razr

5) Anything else I should check for before I accept the unit // try to install it?

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
1) It will work if you car doesn't have Bose. For car with Bose you will need Bose adapter.

2) check album section

3) You cant flash C to F or any other letter. This is simply BS.
Your unit still be C unit. The only thing you can do is change software from EU to US. Part number ALWAYS will be the same.

4) If you will have software 0110 loaded it will be.
Well....you can use any 3rd party phone kit even if you don't have software 0110 but to use original Audi BT you need to have this software loaded.
Also unit should have VAG codes specified for your car.

5) Most important thing is to check scratches on the screen, connect all connectors, check SD card slots and check DVD with maps not music CD.
But good seller should do all of this above for you before shipping.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Navi will work

I got the non bose wire set too, the different is bose has 3 plugs red,black and brown, non bose has 4 sets of plugs. If you used the non bose on bose system you won't get sound from your front speakers and there is a humming sound from the navi unit. This is exactly what i'm getting right now, i just ordered a bose wiring set, very expensive $71 shipped. Good luck

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
email i got from haagie shows 4 plugs for bost ... 2 black 1 red 1 brown ... it'd make sense bose has more

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah got it - my guy's sending me new one free :D

I love this guy

btw - do you need the bloody cd in all the time to navigate?

and does the navi talk to u?

and finally, 2 more questions

1) brightness ... is it supposed to go from dark to bright? cuz my brightness changes a tiny bit

2) is it supposed to run really hot?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
can you flash C to J? :D

"3) You cant flash C to F or any other letter. This is simply BS.
Your unit still be C unit. The only thing you can do is change software from EU to US. Part number ALWAYS will be the same"

also ... what does automatic update entaiL??

C flashed to F will do auto update right

·
Registered
27 Posts
Re: Navi will work

A4Dan said:
I got the non bose wire set too, the different is bose has 3 plugs red,black and brown, non bose has 4 sets of plugs. If you used the non bose on bose system you won't get sound from your front speakers and there is a humming sound from the navi unit. This is exactly what i'm getting right now, i just ordered a bose wiring set, very expensive $71 shipped. Good luck
Thank God someone is having the same problem as me. I'm getting no sound from my front speakers also. I've already contacted the guy who sold me the harness to see if hopefully he'll send me the right adapter.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i got an extra set of the wires - dude sent me 2 for some reason

and yeah no sound from front if u use the other one

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
ejc2008 said:
can you flash C to J? :D

"3) You cant flash C to F or any other letter. This is simply BS.
Your unit still be C unit. The only thing you can do is change software from EU to US. Part number ALWAYS will be the same"

also ... what does automatic update entaiL??

C flashed to F will do auto update right
Let me explain it.... C unit never will be E ? F / J or any other letter.
It will be always C unit with specific software.

You can only change SOFTWARE which is presented by numbers 0020, 0040, 0060, 0100, 0330, 0360, 0450, 0460 etc.

So you can exchange EU software with US soft ware but unit still be C.
Also there are diferrences between BASIC and HIGH version (for EU and US). HIGH is usually equipped with additional sectors in firmware responsible for extra features as SDS.

For example EU has:
C / P unit - BASIC
D / H / - HIGH

US has:
E / F / R - BASIC
J - HIGH

As you 2nd question.....automatic update is when you insert new DVD map release and unit start firmware update.
If your seller upgraded your unit properly, you will be able to take automatic updates in the future.

When you press CAR button on the navigation you should see version number. US version is 0020 or 0110 Bluetooth enabled

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks i see 0110 and HW 58

anyhoo what is the diff other than SDS between f and J?

also ... bluetooth enabled still means i need the bt module right?

can i contact you on aim or anything

1 - 11 of 11 Posts