Audi Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really contemplate the wireless CarPlay dongle for quite some time.
During the summer months, it really doesn’t bother me to plug in the phone. But now with winter upon us also come layers of jackets with the phone zipped in a pocket somewhere, plus gloves and then the convenience of wireless connectivity is really enticing. So I made a decision---get a wireless CarPlay dongle for my car.

I bought the Carlinkit 3.0 from Carlinkit Wireless CarPlay Adapter - Make Your Wired CarPlay WIRELESS after reading everything I could find on the wireless CarPlay dongles. From what I could gather Carlinkit is the original company that developed it and the other licenses the technology or rebrands the dongles. I connected it and did the setup and it is working great. The music does sound better in my 2018 Audi A4 with the JBL stereo package than it did use the USB stick or Bluetooth. I was using a USB stick set up just like the Owners Manual from Audi said to set it up. Had lots of songs that sounded ok but in random play, it tended to repeat the same songs. I don't have that problem with CarPlay and Carlinkit. All the CarPlay apps I have tried seem to work OK. the only bug I have seen is when the song changes and if I am on the A4 Home screen the song title doesn't change. If on the CarPlay screen it does show the current song. If that is the only problem I am happy.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts