Audi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clair motors has them for $2889 but they're not available until June. Anyone know of a place to get one before then? I would like one for a B6 S4.

Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
I doubt that. Local dealer have them on backorders 4-6 weeks and price is $3500-$4500 depends on dealer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Both Audi dealers here local said they could get the part (4BO-035-192R) to me within a week... well one was promised in 2-3 days but at that price I'm sure there would!! :shock: The other dealer came down in price and mentioned the official June 4th time frame to me, but once realizing I wanted it sooner he said he could get it in a week via Audi Red Order, whatever that is... :roll:

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
You know that RedOrder is mostlikely another great BS made by Audi dealer.
Either he can get it or not. It's not a fricking plutonium :roll:

I spent few weeks talking to those people and they told me that RNS-E can't be installed in pre 2005 cars. Few days ago I heard that new XM (RNS-E) is not going to work in pre 2005 model.

Well ..suprise suprice....I have RNS-E naw with XM working with no probs, installed in 20-30 min total with no special sweat (thanks to harness)

So think twice before you will believe your dealer ;)

RedOrder....good one

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got my Euro RNS-E from a German for 950 euro. Here is his email address - [email protected], his name is Gregor and his English is not good. He sells them on Germany Ebay all the time. You will get a manual (in German) and a Europe DVD for the price.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My dealer (in N.CA), who I have a good relationship with, has been trying to locate a unit for me, but has been unsuccesful. (He is quoting me $2750, so maybe the relationship isn't that great). But he was told there was a re-furbished unit available, however it required the core swap, meaning it would be traded for the RNS-E it's supposedly replacing (like how your car battery is traded) and I would pay $1000. Of course, he and I both know I don't even have one to begin with since this is a retro-fit, so it's out of the question (wish they'd just accept my Symphony II). So the order from Germany is all he could do right now, but he is still trying to find one for me.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Be6ess4,

That's an excellent price from a dealer, you relationship must be pretty good. There were quotes up to $3800 from dealers...

·
Registered
75 Posts
A6degrees said:
My quotes were between 3200 and 3500, so yes $2700 is about as low as it gets at the dealer.

I'm also in N. Cal.
$2,700 is the dealers cost, I have a very close friend workin for my local Audi dealer and he said he could get me the US RNS-E for that price but still too high for me to pay.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Placed an order

I just placed an order from Clair Parts for $2900 which doesn't include the dvd. It's on back order there supposedly until June but could be earlier before I get it. I hope so.

Paul

1 - 11 of 11 Posts