Audi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help with the glove box cd player installl

I have the lead no problem but is the 12v power need to be switched from the ignation or is it a perment and the navi switche the cd player on and off

Thanks

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
All of the wiring to the CDC comes from the pinouts on the RNS-E except for the ground wire. Simply ground it to the chassis of the car in a convenient locations.

·
Registered
142 Posts
NSX JR said:
All of the wiring to the CDC comes from the pinouts on the RNS-E except for the ground wire. Simply ground it to the chassis of the car in a convenient locations.
Is this the same for the Phatnoise? I.e., does the Phatbox needs a separate ground2chassis too, or is the standard wiring from the RNS-E (using Audi CD harness) enough?

TIA!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Since the RNS-E does not have a specific pinout for CDC ground connection, you must ground your CDC or phatbox or ipod interface manually... either with a ground screw or by splicing into the main ground wire in the RNS-E wiring harness (D12).

If the car has a factory installed RNS-E with glovebox CDC then you can plug directly into the 12-pin CDC connector because it will already be properly grounded to the car.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Can anyone advise if the CD Changer will fit correctly into the B7 glovebox? if not what needs to be done to make it fit?

Anyone have install pics?

I already have the correct wiring harness from Kufatec and would like to know as i'm collecting all the pieces befor attempting my RNS-E installation

Thanks
Camel_S3

·
Registered
530 Posts
I'm pretty sure they will Camel_S3 as there are plenty of Australian-spec B7s with the single din Chorus unit and glovebox mounted CD changer.

I've got the OEM stacker in my B6 (factory fitted) if you want to take a look some time.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks - i had a good look around and can see it's easy to remove the glovebox....

Prob is it looks too shalow in the slot provided for the CD changer.

Will the CD changers listed in the quick links fit in? or do you have to cut the back of the slot to fit it in? how do you secure it? what do you bolt it into?

Sorry to ask these questions - but my car is only a few weeks old and I DONT want to make an expesive mistake!

searched both here and on audiworld.com no clear instructions

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
You need a new glove box if you want to retrofit the CD changer and do it right. The CD changer will fit in the non CD changer glovebox but it won't lock. You will need to replace the glovebox or build something custom to make it lock.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok still trying to fit glove box cd

unpluged the wire that was in socket b on the navi, (which had 2 yellow wires on it) and pluged in the cd player lead.

No when i try and use vagcom it wont conect to the navi unit

so i moved the 2 yellow wires to the empty pins on the cd lead but it still not working so i put them back as they were and it still not working
vagcom did work fine

Any ideas as i am starting to wish i had never started this

1 - 11 of 11 Posts