Audi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have the IceLink installed and I am trying to get into the menu so I can chage the display on the iPod to use the iPod interface and not the IceLink interface. This was really easy on my B5 but with the B6 the instructions don't seem to do the job. Does anyone have any tips or tricks for me?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
You have to select >> and press the MMI button for a second or so. It takes longer with the RNS-E than it it with the Symphony II head unit but eventually it will work.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
After selecting CD6, go into the CD Control menu and use < or > to choose the option on the iPod you would like to access next. Then select >> and press the MMI button for a second or so, this way the entry on the iPod menu should be selected and you will see the next menu.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK well I tried this out and the only menu I can get to is the playlist menu and that only happens when I reach the end of a playlist or artist directory. I can't at that point navigate back up to the root menu where the rest of the settings are. What else should I try? I downloaded the latest firmware but you need to get to the root menu to install it.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
When I installed my IceLink I updated first to 2.14 (using the Symphony)and then connected it to the RNS-E. There is a min. software version required to work with the RNS-E. I would need to get back to the car and confirm this but IIRC you select CD6, then CD control, the use < and > to select the menu and >> to confirm the selection. I had to hold the MMI button pressed while >> was selected and after a second or so the iPod changed the menu entry.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wish I could update to the latest. I have it on the iPod but I can't even get to the main menu. Maybe I need to rip it out and install it on a symphony car to update the firmware. Crappy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts