Audi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have the OEM BT kit along with a non-SDS RNS-E. What "ALL" would I need to get full functionality of the SDS?

I have the MFSW coded correctly for speech recognition, but since my car isn't factory equipped for speech. I've got all kinds of error codes showing up in the ECU. I'd like to install (or find out whats involved) everything I need to make a "clean" install.

Is it just a matter of getting a RNS-E that has SDS?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The first step should be to get voice control working wihtout errors. When you press the Mode button the RNS-E should change to Telephone and when you press the Voice button, voice control for the BT phone interface should get startet.

Once you got that working, swapping the RNS-E with one that supports SDS, moving the microphone from the BT interface to the RNS-E, adding two shielded wires between the RNS-E and the BT phone interface, and coding the RNS-E for SDS should do the trick.

That's not guaranteed of course since I have not read about or done a successful SDS retrofit yet so I don't really know what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I still thinking of doing this. So my first step is get a RNS-E with SDS. If anyone is interested in a A4/S4 RNS-E let me know.

If anyone has anymore information on full SDS, let me know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts