Audi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have got RNS-E unit and i am mounting the unit in a Seat Leon Cupra R 2005 with CAN. But i have got the speed wire(gala) and illumination connected to my original seat stereo allready. Could i use the Gala insted of th can. Keep in mind that the unit is RNS-E for the A4. If i look at the pin diagram at the RNS-E there are pins for gala as well as for can. So is it possible to use the Gala even if the unit is supposed to be mounted in a A4 with CAN. Maybe i can fool the system bye telling it with vag-com that it is a A6 unit?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes i read a couple of posts but thought that audi A4 only has can and no gala as i do in my car. But thats wrong i asume?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank´s for your answer, i was just confused. I do understand that i should use the can but using the gala if that would bee a posobility would be better in case of wanting to watch tv as i drive. The gala signal is not a must for the A6 unit but for an A4 unit i will need to buy a Dietz so the unit thinks that can still is there otherwise it will switch off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts