Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was covering this problem in another topic about blowing fuses but I was hoping someone would notice this title and think of a good idea. I get sound out the rears fine but the front gets no sound at all. I checked the wiring and it seems to be correct. Anyone had this problem? If so, please tell me how you fixed it. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Sounds like you have the Bose pin grounded in a non-Bose car.

The rear speakers are always amplified with an RNS-E.

The front speakers connect directly to the RNS-E without Bose, and via the Bose amp (in the trunk) with Bose.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a Bose system in my car, so should the Bose pin be grounded? I'll check all my pins and wires on the adapter to make sure they're running to the right spots, but I've done that once and they seemed like they were running right.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
i3oricua said:
I have a Bose system in my car, so should the Bose pin be grounded?
Yes, the Bose pin should be grounded in your car.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I've checked and double checked all of the wiring and it seems to be fine except for the bose ground that goes from pin 7 to pin 1. On the car side of the house, that clamp does not have any going to that slot but rather to pin 2 where the adapter meets the factory wiring. I don't know what that wire is for. I have a 2006 A4 so if anyone knows where I can find the wiring for my car please point me there, I'll be searching in the meantime.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
i3oricua said:
Well, I've checked and double checked all of the wiring and it seems to be fine except for the bose ground that goes from pin 7 to pin 1. On the car side of the house, that clamp does not have any going to that slot but rather to pin 2 where the adapter meets the factory wiring. I don't know what that wire is for. I have a 2006 A4 so if anyone knows where I can find the wiring for my car please point me there, I'll be searching in the meantime.
Look on top of your old radio, there is a diagram that shows how what all the wires do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.