Audi Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after cutting the bottom portion of a 4B0 faceplate to fit my B5 S4 I was left with a long narrow piece. I was going to use it as a test platform to color match the unit to my interior with paints/dyes but noticed it might work on the side gaps :idea: . After some dremeling, here is the result. I took the pic before I cleaned off all my fingerprints :(

[/img]

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AudiA4B6US said:
Nice work! Did you read the message from johnnya6 about the KIWI method to match the color? Seems to produce a pretty good match...
An easy way to match an RNS-E on a pre 2002 Dash
Yea, thanks though. I tried it twice actually. I think the stuff keeps rubbing off....maybe because my grubby hands are all over it. You can see from the photo the side pieces (which weren't Kiwi'd) are close to the units color which were Kiwi'd twice. I even let it dry for about 20 minutes each time. :?:

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Is the wood trim piece around the switches OEM? If not, maybe you can get one which goes all the way down and covers the sides of the RNS-E?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AudiA4B6US said:
Is the wood trim piece around the switches OEM? If not, maybe you can get one which goes all the way down and covers the sides of the RNS-E?
Yea, that's the OEM birdseye maple trim.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looks great. I'm curious about the color difference between the Nav & HVAC controls? It looks pretty different in pictures, however I'm curious how it looks in daylight? Is it noticable?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nobodeuno said:
Looks great. I'm curious about the color difference between the Nav & HVAC controls? It looks pretty different in pictures, however I'm curious how it looks in daylight? Is it noticable?
The picture was taken at close range with a flash at night so the color difference is exaggerated. The flash is shining more on the NAV than the HVAC panel so it is "lightened" even more. It's not as noticeable in the day, and at night you really can't tell. I'd still like to darken it a bit more.

·
Registered
9 Posts
fenstersullivan said:
nobodeuno said:
The picture was taken at close range with a flash at night so the color difference is exaggerated. The flash is shining more on the NAV than the HVAC panel so it is "lightened" even more. It's not as noticeable in the day, and at night you really can't tell. I'd still like to darken it a bit more.
Yea the gaps were definately turning me off...the slight color difference isn't that big of a deal but it may bug me...I'll have to see it in person...like you said the pictures tend to exaggerate these things.

Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts