Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I don't know if this has been asked before, and honestly dont think you wiull be able to help me as the car in question was never imported into the USA.

I've got a SEAT Leon Cupra R... its basically an AUDI A3 8L1 which i also dont think you ever had... but its worth mentioning as they more or less share everything, especially in the interior and dashboard.

You can get the VAG navigation pictured here as an option when new, which i dont:

I was thinking about just buying this and using it, but could i use the RNS-E system instead, is it the same size?

Any help would be helpfull i guess...

Cheers
Rob

·
Registered
155 Posts
Well that's a VW-style nav... and I put the RNS-E in my VW R32 instead of using the OEM system. If that works, this probably will hook right up.

·
Registered
155 Posts
TeddyBGame said:
Do you think you'll modify the console any?
Probably not. We had to cut part of the trim to get it in there, but that swaps in and out easily... so I had to draw the line somewhere. It locks into place... and that's what matters.

In person it actually looks quite nice. :) Only sticks out a little bit from the dash, but the style matches so it ain't a huge deal.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I did a install on my Seat Leon Cupra R about a year ago. I have not managed to upload a picture on this forum. Maybe somebody can do it for me?
Right now i have the RNS-E with Bluetooth and soon installing a car PC.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh wicked, that looks smart in your R32.

Popov : did you manage to find the pictures? did u get my PM?

Be cool to see.

I saw a pic of it fitted to an S3 a week back but cant find any more info.

Cheers
Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.