Audi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF IT IS POSIBLE TO FIT THE RNS-D SAT NAV ON A 1998 A6 WITH SINGLE DIN?I HAVE BOUGHT THE DOUBLE DIN AND SAT NAV FROM EBAY AND I WANT TO FIT THEM ON MY CAR.WHAT DO I NEED HOW IT CAN BE DONE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.THANK YOU

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
First, please don't type in all caps as it's considered to be SHOUTING.

Yes it's possible, you need to convert the centre console to double DIN. You'll need a double DIN mounting frame, and to modify the climate control panel as it will need to sit lower down in the centre console.

Try looking and posting in the RNS-E Forum, I reckon you'll get more response there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you very veryyy much i have already try to look there i'm there for 3 hours now.:))i have bought the double DIN frame with the climate control unit as well and the RNS-D sat nav unit.Now the problem is what changes to the back wires and plugs needs to be done for this model 1998?? i have seen on forum people talk something about digital clock ETC... i don't know to many about this but at least i will know what to tell to the person ho will try to fit it.THANK YOU

1 - 3 of 3 Posts